Chapter Nine

I Fake That Smile!

Adventure #21 / Romance #71

Thanks so much for all  of your support!

Chapter Nine

The brightness shone against my eyelids, and although I was awake, I was too scared to open my eyes up. Not knowing if the boys were still there or not, or what they had done to me after I passed out, scared me. Pain shot through my ankle making me scream out, I felt a hand pushing me back down. I started to scream for help as I tried to fight off who ever were holding me down, but I didn’t have enough strength in me. Squeezing my eyes tightly shut, I kept screaming, hoping someone would hear me. I could hear talking but I didn’t no whether they were talking to me or someone else, but I couldn’t understand what they where saying as I continued to scream for help. I felt a sharp prick go in my arm, making fall into blackness. Which I gladly welcomed this time, as I really did not want to face anymore, as I feeling mentally drained.

My shift was just about to start when I heard screams coming from one of the rooms. The nurse emergency call light flashed, noticing it was Sheena’s room, I went running down the corridor. As I entered her room, I could see Sheena screaming while trying to fight off Damon. Damon was crying as he held her down, he was trying to reassure her as he kept trying to sooth her. Running to the cupboard, I took out an injection needle along with some meds to calm her down.  Damon kept hold of her as I injected the liquid into her arm; her body started responding almost immediately. As Damon loosened his hold on her, he sunk his head into her chest, hearing his cries were heart breaking.

 Damon was always the one who never let anything get to him, as he was always the stronger one. He never wanted to be in a relationship, and seeing him here like this, I knew he had seriously fallen for Sheena.  Placing my hand on his shoulder, I gave it a squeeze before I left the room, giving him some time alone.

The first day I ever met Sheena was strange as I had helped and seen many homeless people, but something about Sheena was different, even now, its like I knew her, but yet I had never met her before. 

Walking back up to the nurses station I quickly got her files up on the computer so I could enter what I had just given her. After entering the medication I noticed something strange on her file, but before I could get a better look at them another buzzer went off making me shut the file down so I could go and see to the patient. It had been so busy all day I did not get a chance to have another look in to her files.

I went to check on Sheena and Damon every time I had a break, as Damon has not left her side since she had been admitted, and I was getting worried about him. I was just bringing Damon in a cup of coffee and a sandwich when I noticed Lee walking up the corridor. He looked awful; he had black rings circling his eyes from the lack of sleep, and a worried expression across his face. “Hey,” I said, as I went up on my tipsy toes to give him a kiss. ”hey baby” he replied exhausted. “Have you caught them yet?” I asked, wanting so badly for him to say yes. He just nodded his head side wards telling me no. we walked into Sheena’s room together, I could feel the nervousness coming off Lee, I couldn’t hold his hand as I still had Damon’s coffee and  sandwich in both hands. Placing Damon’s things down on the side, I wrapped my arms around Lee’s waist hoping it would calm him down a little. “Damon, we have some leads, but none of them are strong”.” However the labs have samples of the sperm and blood from her clothing, so the results of the DNA should be back any time now.” Lee told Damon; just hearing sperm sent sick shivers down my spine,