Chapter twenty one

Hey all!

I would like to say a big Thank you to all of you, for all of your support!

Much <3 and appreciation  Mel xx

Chapter twenty one

It has been three months now since the night, we were attacked and still there has been no sign of Damon. We have been moved every week, as they thought that us staying in one place for too long was too risky. Especially with the court case ending, as tomorrow was the day, for sentencing.

Cherelle’s mother, my Auntie Heidi has moved in with us, as she has agreed to be a witness now too. Nevertheless, that did not go down too well with Cherelle at first, as she hated her mother for keeping so many secrets from her. However, over the last few weeks things have gotten better between them. Lee and Cherelle had kept to them selves, and I stayed in my room most of the time. Auntie Heidi made sure that I left my room every day at meal times, but other than that, I was more than happy just being left alone.

 Lee has managed to get a few of his and Damon’s friends in the force to keep a look out for Damon. However, we still had no news. Although I still think he is out there somewhere, but the thing that puzzles me is where? In addition, with me being under witness protection, I couldn’t just up and leave. As I can’t even walk to the toilet, without someone watching or following me.  But then again, I guess that was my own fault, as after leaving Damon behind, I used to try an escape at least once a day. As it killed me knowing he was, out there alone and could still be in danger, or on the other hand, he could be dead some where. Nevertheless, I tried not to think like that, as the only thing that keeps me going these days is the hope of finding him alive. Every day seems to get harder instead of easier, Lee has been great but seeing him and Cherelle together hurts me so much. As every time I see them kiss or cuddle it reminds me of how Damon and I used to be. I never thought in a million years that a romantic walk with Damon could lead to this, I thought to myself.

“Sheena dinner” Auntie Heidi called. There was one thing I have learned about my Auntie and that is when she calls you, you answer straight away. Otherwise, you would have to pay the consequences! Which, believe me you really didn’t want to be in her bad books.  I done it once, and ever since that day I have always ran whenever she calls. As I arrived at the dinner table, everyone was already seated. “Tomorrow we will be leaving straight after breakfast and the sergeant will be here to give us a run down of the days events ok?”  We all nodded. None of us liked discussing anything to do with the case, so every time someone brought it up we would try to end it as soon as we could. The rest of dinner none of us spoke, you could feel the built up tension from miles away. Nevertheless, it was not our fault personally, as the ones to blame for all of this was my father and his partner, my Uncle Frank.

After diner, I went to bed and pulled out the map that I have been working on since the night we lost Damon. I have circled everywhere possible, that I thought he could be. However, I could tell by looking at the map that it was going to take me week’s even months to search all these places. As there was a lot of land to cover, but I had made a promise to myself and Damon, that I was not going to stop looking until I found him. Whether he was dead or alive I was never going to give up.

There was a knock on the door breaking me away from my thoughts, “come in,” I shouted. As the door opened I could see Cherelle, she had a worried look on her face that I knew more than likely mirrored mine. “Hey” I greeted her as she made her way over to my bed. ”hey, Sheena I am worried about tomorrow” she told me nervously. “Me too” I replied. We gave each other a big hug, “Sheena what are you up to now?” she asked as she picked up the map I had hid behind me. I gave her a guilty look as she scanned her eyes over the map. We did not talk for a while as I just left her carry on looking over the map. “Sheena this will take you months if not years” she stated looking at me in shock. “I don’t care Cherelle, I will never stop until I find him,” I told her sternly. I could see her eyes filling up as she continued to just stare at me. “I will help, Lee and I will help you,” she said in between her sobs. “Thank you” I replied willing myself not to cry. She then left the room shouting over her shoulder, “I will be right back”. Looking at her running out the door, had me laughing a little, as she looked like some crazy women with her blotchy eyes and her messy hair. Within seconds, she was running back into my room, out of breath; Lee who also looked out of breath was right behind her. Picking up the map, she laid it out on the floor. “Right, after tomorrow is over Lee you and I will take this section!”, then she looked closer at the map and said “Sheena you will take this section.” Then she stopped for a minute as she looked like she was thinking about something. I just sat there with my mouth hanging opened as she had planned all of this out in a matter of minutes. As I have been planning all this for the last three months. “Ok, I got it now. Lee we need you to make a few calls and round up a few men, which they can then search this section”. She took in a deep breath looking really pleased with her self. She then looked up at a shocked Lee and me, and laughed, “You can both close your mouths you no” she said while laughing. “Well what do you think?” she asked us both. “Perfect” Lee replied. I could not find my voice as I was feeling so chocked up that she had come up with all of this for me. I think she realised I was speechless as she grabbed me into a hug.” Sheena if it was Lee out there you would be doing the same for me” she stated. Knowing what she was saying was true; I gave her a small smile.