33. Interest (John Laurens x Reader)

This is from my incomplete John Laurens x Reader book.
*

"Oh come on babe! They are going to love you." John says grabbing my hands making me face him instead of the mirror,"But obviously not as much as I love you." he says before placing a kiss on my lips.

"You say that now but what happens when I say something wrong? Or even embarrass you?" I ask now looking back in the mirror running a hand through my hair to make sure it's perfect for meeting John's friends Hamilton, Mulligan, and Marquis de Lafayette.

"Y/N you could never do that." Laurens says standing behind me running his hands up and down my shoulders,"And if you do make a mistake it probably won't be that bad."

"John!" I say as I push his hands off of my shoulders while he laughs,"Probably?!"

"You implied it yourself that you'll mess up!" he protests still laughing.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean you get to agree! Oh John." I sigh but smile when I see his face.

"Oh Y/N." He sighs out as well watching me as I finish getting ready until I grow tired of the quietness.

"What ya tinkin' about?" I ask in a child like voice trying to sound like how I did when we were kids growing up together in South Carolina. He always would make fun of me for it but he secretly thought it was adorable. Oh the things he tells me when he's drunk.

"Well, I'm thinking about how lucky I am to have this beautiful gorgeous girl in front of me. Even more lucky that I have got to grow up with you and now be able to call you my girlfriend." he replies smiling at me.

"Really?" I ask him feeling my face get hotter.

"You are strictly the best girlfriend in the world." Laurens replies to me getting up from his sitting position and walking over to me.

"Only to you Laurens." I say as he grabs my waist from behind looking in the mirror that's in front of us again.

"Better be." he says placing a sweet kiss on my neck,"Now let's get going. Wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting."

"Oh right." I sigh smiling at him.

"Don't worry. It'll be okay." John reassures me taking my hand as we leave the small home we own together. The bar John and his friends decided to meet us at was conveniently just down the street from our home. It's silent while we walk down towards the bar and before I know it we're standing in front of the bar. John lets go of my hand only to politely open the door.

"Ladies first." He smiles.

"Thank you." I reply smiling back then going inside. He follows right behind me catching up only a step to grab my hand again. I smile at his gesture as he leads me to where I see 3 grown men having a good time talking loudly and a polite woman sitting with them trying to get them quieter.

"That's them!" John says happily gripping my hand tighter then loosening it again. He walks faster towards the table they are seated at practically dragging me behind him as he does so. Everyone at the table stops their conversation when they see Laurens and me standing in front of them.

"Hey Laurens!" Everyone there says in some sort of manner.

"I'm guessing this is Y/N." a man with his hair pulled back in a ponytail says.

"How could we not know who she is when John won't ever stop talking about her?" the only guy with short hair at the table says laughing at Laurens' embarrassed expression after he said that.

"See. You don't have to worry about embarrassing me. My friends already have that covered."John says sitting down where there is space big enough for the both of us. He's still holding onto my hand which is a bit calming.

"Well aren't we all going to introduce ourselves?" the girl asks the other boys who reply in grunts of yeses,"I'm Eliza."

"Who is dating the amazingly talented me." the guy with the ponytail says proudly but it is evident that he has had some drinks.

"You didn't even tell her your name Alex." the short haired guy says,"I'm Hercules Mulligan and he is Marquis."

"You can just call me Lafayette. It's a pleasure to meet you." He extends his hand and I shake it. The way he talked was different. I immediately new he was French. I then realized that I was staring at him as he was staring at me so I looked back at John who was talking to Alex.

"Here have a drink." John smiled at me handing me a drink. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that John glared at Lafayette. Oh boy. I smile at John and he lightens up.

The night went on with laughs and more drinks. Many more drinks. Eliza was the only basically sober one and I had been talking with her when I looked over to see John and Marquis talking. More like fighting.

"I'm sorry Eliza. I have to go and talk with John for a moment." I tell her.

"It's okay. Be careful. It looks like whatever him and Marquis are arguing about is getting really heated." She smiles and I nod my head before walking towards them.

"What's going on here?" I ask them practically having to tell over them. They didn't even realize I was there after telling it too.

"Hey!" I said standing in between them.

"What?!" John yells then realized who I was,"Y/N I'm so sorry I didn't realize it was you. Me and Lafayette were just talking." He had slurred some of the words he was saying.

"I think we should go home. You're to drunk." I tell him.

"I don't want to yet. I'm having a talk with this guy." He yells.

"Whatever." I say and walk over to the bar to order a couple more drinks. As I'm drinking my second one I noticed that the argument John and Marquis were having earlier had stopped. Then that John was following another girl. But that couldn't be him. He wouldn't do that.

"Y/N?" I turn around to see Lafayette standing there,"Are you okay?" He slurs.

"Can you just take me somewhere else?" I ask.

"Of course." He grabs my hand leading me out of the bar,"How about-"

"Wait!" I say as I look through the window into the bar seeing Laurens kissing someone else.

"What?" He asks and before anything else I grabbed his face and kissed him.

"Take me to your place." I said and he nodded then kissed me again before we went back to his place.