16. Best Friends (Hercules x Reader)

Hercules' Point Of View~

Y/N has been acting weird lately.

Like she wasn't comfortable around me. We've been friends since school. Something has to be going on.

Right now I'm getting ready to go to a dinner party. I invited Y/N to come along. Maybe she'll tell me what's happening.

***Dinner Party***

All of the squad were around me. Plus Y/N.

"I see you've been looking at a special girl tonight." John says.

"Yeah Herc. How long have you liked this girl?" Lafayette asks.

Your Point Of View~

"A long time." Hercules answers. I think he's talking about me. And to be honest I didn't think I would start to fall in love with my best friend. But I think I am. "Maybe I'll go talk to her." He says.

"Oooo he's going to get some tonight!" John almost yells. I laugh at that while looking at the floor. But then my heart breaks.

I looked up to see Herc kissing Peggy. I'm such a fool. I would have never told him about my feelings. Even if this didn't happen. It hurts so bad. It feels like your the stupidest person on earth. I hate it. I hate having feelings for people who didn't love me to start with. I walk to the bathroom, after making a funny remark to make it seem like it doesn't matter that I just broke into pieces. Why did I have to start having feelings? I had to want him. When he made it so clear that he doesn't want me. I just sit there. Thinking. Thinking about how stupid I am. God I hate myself right now. I got up and walked to the backyard. It was quiet.

Then I heard Hercules.

"What're you doing out here? It's cold." He says with a huge smile on his face.

"I'm just really tired right now." I say. Which is true.Tired of heartbreak.

"Come on. Maybe we could get you a hot guy to dance with." I giggle at the way he thinks that will make me better.

"I liked you." I say immediately regretting it.

"I'm sorry." He says looking like he's ashamed of something. "Believe me. I love you. But not in that way."

"I know." I say. "I think I'm going to go home now."

"Bye." I hear Hercules say while I walk away.

A tear rolls down my face.

Hercules' Point Of View~

She walks away into the crowd of people.

'Chase after her.' My mind says but my heart says 'No. You like Peggy.'

By now she's probably gone. She left really quick. I did have a crush on her. But that was in school. And she said that she wouldn't date her best friend. I guess a lot of things have changed. I'm so stupid. I hate myself right now.

Your Point Of View~

I'm finally home. I just feel bad now. He probably thinks it's his fault that I left. I lay in bed when I hear the doorbell ring. I know it's going to be him. Right as I open the door I hear him apologizing.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask with tears rolling down my face.

"It's my fault." Hercules says.

"No, it's not. Just please go. I can't take it." I point to the door.

"Please. Let me help." He pleas tears now rolling down his cheeks.

"Get out." My voice cracks when I say it.

Then he does it. He kisses me with so much passion. It's almost pathetic. He likes Peggy. Despite this situation I still kiss back.

"Damn it. I love you Y/N." Hercules says after pulling apart. I just stare at him. All I could do was kiss him again. And again.