Preface

I turned my back to him and walked fast out of the restaurant. I didn’t even care if it was raining and my designer clothes were dripping wet. I didn’t give a damn about my Louise Vuitton bag which I left in my seat back in the restaurant.  I just ran away like the coward I am. I could hear him calling me, shouting, asking me to come back. But I didn’t. I hopped into my car and told the driver to drive me home. I didn’t look back. I was afraid that if I did, I’d stop the car and run to him. But I could see him at the side view mirror. I could see him running after my car, not stopping to catch his breath. I could see the defeated look on his face as he shouted my name. But I just closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I put on my earphones and played a song on my iPod.

I thought about the things that happened for the past five months.

I wondered if I haven’t been obsessed with him, would things still turn out like this. But I couldn’t bring myself to regret anything that happened. The past 5 months had been the happiest days of my life.

This is what I decided to do. I wanted him so bad that I decided to leave New York and live in a small town just to get him. I chased him like a stalker and declared my love for him. I threatened girls to stay away from him. I worked in a fast food chain just to see him. I looked back to where it all started five months ago.

I’m Lizzie Carter and this is my story.

Copyright © 2012 keepingitreal15