Chapter 24 Missing No More

This was worse than any horror movie I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen a lot. But this was just sick as I stared around the room in horror. Gage stood beside me with his face twisted in anger, his hands in fists and his eyes red. Looking back to the room I stared at all the girls that hung from chains covered in blood and bruises. There were over 30 girls and it looked like most if not all of them were dead. Blood covered the walls and floors, there was a bed at the back of the room with handcuffs and chains hooked on the headboard. Bodies piled on the floor of more girls that looked to be dead for several months if not more. The smell was horrible making me cover my nose and mouth. I turned around looking behind me and almost screamed. Gage whipped around grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the steps.

“Don’t make a sound Riley” Gage whispered as we both stared at the 8 giant wolves that looked ready to attack and kill us. Their eye were completely black, their fur was matted, dirty and covered in blood.

“What should we do” I whispered not taking my eyes off them.

“Nothing” he said pulling me behind him like he was going to protect me. It was strange that he would protect me when he’s been threatening to kill me this whole time.

“Can they understand us” I asked holding Gage’s arm when he tried to walk forward.

“I don’t know, if they have been tortured then chances are they are full wolf now and won’t understand anything we are saying” Gage said making me swallow loudly.

“Let me try to talk to them” I said after a couple minutes. I wasn’t sure what to say but I wanted to try before I had to pull my gun.

“No” Gage said firmly when one of the wolves growled making me jump. Gage stepped forward and all of them started growling, baring their teeth and a couple of them hunkered down ready to leap.

“I don’t think they like you” I said making Gage stop mid-step.

“Why” he asked.

“Because it was your dad that did this to them so chances are they know who you are. They probably think you are here to kill them” I said looking at the one wolf in the middle. He was bigger than the rest with black fur and spots of red and orange. It seemed that he was the one in charge of them because he was standing more toward the front.

“Go upstairs Gage, give me a minute but stay close just in case they try to attack me. I’m sure you wouldn’t care but I know who killed your dad and if I’m dead you won’t know” I said seeing him spin around to glare at me.

“WHO” he yelled getting a vicious growl from behind.

“Upstairs” I said pointing to the steps. Gage looked like he wanted to hit me but finally turned and stomped upstairs slamming the door shut. Well so much for being quiet. When I looked at the wolves I started to say something when I heard a faint moan making me spin around. The wolves forgotten I started looking for whoever made that noise. Getting close to the wall had me stepping in dried blood, feces and other bodily fluids that made me gag. The growls got louder the closer I got but I tried to ignore them. I didn’t look to close at the girls as I checked for a pulse. Going around the room I checked each one of them feeling the tears slid down my face when none of them had one. Then I heard it again this time it was closer and I looked behind me to see a young girl about 18 just barely moving. I ran across the room when the black wolf appeared in front of her growling in my face. He was protecting her from me, but I wanted to help her not hurt her.

“I want to help” I said holding my hands up showing they were empty. He just growled again moving closer to me. Then I had a thought what if he didn’t want me to help her?