Chapter 16 JP's POV Stupid Mistakes

Chapter 16 JP’s POV Stupid Mistakes

I made it about 20 steps away from Riley when I heard Lexi scream. It was that blood-curdling scream that would make your blood run cold. Rushing back to them I didn’t care how angry Riley got. Hunter and all the other Alphas had followed me into the woods when I told Christian where I was going. So they were all gathered around Riley when I got back to them and what I saw made me sick. A huge claw mark across Riley’s stomach that looked really deep. Blood covered her chest all the way down her leg and she was pale as a sheet. Lexi was crying into Hunter’s chest as he held her close looking up at me. Riley looked like she was dead but I could still hear her heart beating. Carefully picking her up I took off running to the house hoping that Rachelle could fix her. I could hear the others following me. When I reached the house Rachelle was already at the door opening it for me.

“Lay her down so I can see” she ordered. Laying Riley down as carefully as I could I felt my heart clench at the sight of her. I couldn’t lose her over some stupid mistake I made. I can’t risk her running off to some other pack and them killing her.

“Dear God what happened to her” Rachelle asked looking down at her.

“Gage was about to attack her and so I attacked him and for some reason she jumped in the middle. I should have known she was hurt” I said looking down at her beautiful face. She looked so peaceful right now and all I could think about was holding her to me and never letting go.

“I need a clean towel, scissors and a bowl of water so I can see the full damage” Rachelle said as I jumped to my feet and rushed around the kitchen getting what she needed.

“You need to leave” Rachelle said.

“Why” I asked when I got everything.

“I have to cut her dress off and from the looks of it she isn’t wearing a bra so I doubt she wants you seeing her naked, now go” with a huff I left going outside to where the other guys were getting dressed.

“Lexi please go in with her” I asked seeing her clinging to Hunter. She looked toward the house and ran inside.

The back yard was huge with a large in ground pool, to the left is a hot tub and at the far end of the pool is a bar. Just outside the door is a patio with lounge chairs, tables and the grill for the summer parties. We were all sitting around one of the tables just waiting to see how she was doing. If she would be ok or not and if not I wasn’t sure what I was going to do. Seth was pacing back and forth looking more nervous than I felt. Eric and the others looked worried but since they didn’t really know Riley they weren’t as upset. It bothered them though that someone could get into our territory so easily. Hunter wasn’t happy about that and on a mission to find out how Gage got through. Gage is smart though and patient, he could have been waiting for a clear shot to the house all day and no one would have known. After almost an hour the back door opened and Lexi came out of the house going right to Hunter. We all waited for her to tell us what was going on since they had closed the curtains and we couldn’t see what was going on.

“She is healing, it will be slow since the cuts are so deep and she lost a lot of blood but in a few days she will be fine. Why the hell was she in the woods? And who hurt her?” Lexi was angry at what happened.

“She ran off after I told her she wasn’t running off to another packs territory and getting herself killed. She said if I wasn’t going to help her then to stay out of her way. I can’t just let her run off again and get hurt” I said covering my face with my hands not wanting to see the disappointment in Lexi’s eyes.

“Why would she run off to another pack” Lexi asked.

“David McMasters is really Curtis Lane of the Blood Moon Pack” Eric answered.