Chapter 23 A Ride with Gage

Chapter 23  A Ride with Gage

Several different things went through my mind about what this woman was here to do. Was she going to kill me? Was there a bomb in there and she was going to kill us all? Maybe she had a gang of wolves surrounding the place ready to attack us, whatever it was made me nervous.

“Miss.Andrews is there somewhere we can speak alone?” her voice was soft, not very threatening at all.

“Absolutely not” JP said stepping in front of me

“She may bring her friend” the woman nodded toward Lexi “I have something that you want and I will only give it to you without any Alpha’s around” she said looking around the room like she was nervous. I laid my hand on JP’s shoulder making him turn to me shaking his head.

“It’s fine, we’ll go to Hunter’s office and then be right back. Lexi can talk to you if something goes wrong and”

“She can talk to Hunter” JP interrupted. I didn’t know what that meant but decided now wasn’t the time.

“Fine we’ll be fine. If you want to send them home you can I have what I need and if they want kept informed just tell them we’ll let them know what we find out” I said grabbing Lexi’s hand. She didn’t look too excited about this either but there was something about this woman that made me curious. You know the saying, Curiosity killed the cat and right now I’m the cat.

Lexi’s hand squeezed mine as we got closer to the woman but I kept pulling her with me. I nodded with my head for her to follow and she did. We walked all the way to Hunter’s office without seeing anyone. When we were inside I shut the door and turned to the woman who was already sitting in the chair in front of the desk. So I sat down behind the desk with Lexi right beside me. The woman stared at me for a long time before she finally spoke.

“Being behind that desk fits you very well Riley” she said smiling.

“Who are you?” I asked ignoring her comment.

“My name is Elizabeth Sinclair and I believe that you need what I have in this briefcase” she said patting the briefcase that sat on her lap.

“And what might that be” I asked leaning on the desk with my elbows.

“Transactions of a certain Alpha who paid for children, 20 boys and 2 girls. If he were to find out that I was here he’d kill me but I knew it would be safe tonight since his little bitch isn’t around” she said growling the last part. I sat there with my mouth hanging open. Someone paid for children? Someone paid someone else to kidnap children, babies? Oh god it made sense but made me sick at the same time.

“What do you want?” Lexi asked since I couldn’t speak.

“I want him caught, but I also want a safe place to stay because when he finds out it was me that told he will do everything in his power to kill me. I do not want to spend another minute with a  man that hurts children by taking them from their parents, a man that beats women and rapes young girls. I do not want to chance that my own child will be subjected to his abuse” she had tears in her eyes as she rubbed her belly.

“I’m assuming this is your mate?” I asked seeing her head snap to me.

“How did you know” she asked.

“Only a child will make you do something against someone you love. Any good mother will pick her child over anyone else including the man she loves.” I said knowing the sacrifice any mother would make.

“Yes he is my mate, and when I found out what he was doing I was sickened and tried to leave but he threatened to kill me. So I put up with it for years but I can’t deal with it anymore so I told him that I was going to visit my parents and hang out with some friends and would be back later tonight. His little whore is there now so I knew she wouldn’t be able to tell him that I was here” she said which confused me.