Chapter 4 JP's POV

Chapter 4 JP's POV

It was Friday evening and all I could think about was the annual party. This year we were having it in Hunter's town, along with our meeting with the counsel. They're the former Alpha's of the packs that keep everything in order, keep the peace that sort of thing. It was only a four hour drive from my territory to Hunter's. We have been friends since we were kids, plus our packs get along as well. Hunter is the Alpha of the Black Moon pack while I'm Alpha of the Fire Stone pack. My father, Nathan Pierce, grew up with Hunter's parents. They were always visiting with each other so when we were kids we always hung out. My father met his mate, my mother Catherine when he was 16. She was part of Hunter's pack and when they found each other she moved to our pack. I'm 24 and still haven't met mine so my parents hooked me up with a girl from some other pack, Beth Fowler of the Diamond Sands Pack. She was pretty but not my mate. I've searched every pack in the U.S. looking for her. I just keep hoping she'll appear one day finally making my life complete.

"Jordy baby you ready" Beth said walking into our room. Her nickname grated on my nerves. Even though she isn't my mate we've been together for 2 years. Last year I gave up looking for my mate and even though I will always long for her I asked Beth to marry me. But lately she's pissing me off more and more.

"I told you not to call me that" I growled turning to look at her. Her fair skin was caked in make-up, shoulder length blonde hair with red highlights. Normally she's 5'8" because of the heels she always wears. She isn't horrible to be around but sometimes she just gets on my nerves.

"Psh, come on or we'll be late. Maggie wanted to ride with us but I told her no" Beth said making me clench my fists.

"Why" I growled.

Maggie was my baby sister and meant the world to me. She was always with me when Mom wasn't around or I was doing something she could do too. If she wanted to ride with me that would have been fine. Beth doesn't seem to like all the attention Maggie gets but she's only 6 years old. Beth lost her mate a few years before we met so she should understand that my feeling for her will never be as strong as they would for my mate.

"Jordan baby, she's always around and we never get time alone" she pouted wrapping her arms around my neck. With a heavy sigh I let it go knowing we'd fight all night about it if I said anything else. Pulling away from her I finished dressing so we could get to Hunter's.

The drive was long but seemed longer because Beth kept talking about stuff that didn't mean anything to me. Clothes, shoes, who she wants as a bride's maid, what kind of cake, it just kept on going. By the time we made it to Hopedale I was ready to stab knifes in my ears. My parents bought a house close to the pack house so when we came to visit we didn't intrude on the pack members staying there. I always stayed at the pack house just because Hunter made me. The house was a simple 2 story white house with 3 bedrooms. I stopped there first to check on Maggie since Beth wouldn't let her ride with us. I wasn't even to the walkway when she came running out of the house leaping into my arms.

"JP you came. Beth said you weren't going to come see me" Maggie said burying her face in my chest. Beth was in the car still filing her nails not paying attention to us. Anger boiled inside me.

"Of course I'd come see you. You're my baby sis and I love you more than anyone else in this world. Now listen I'm going to Uncle Hunter's party right down the street. It's by the lake so if you need me and can't get ahold of me then come find me ok" I told her lifting her face up to mine as she nodded.

Kissing her forehead I set her down watching her run into the house. She was too young to have the mind-link but she knew my cell number by heart. Without sparing a glance at the car I took off jogging to the party leaving Beth in the car. If she continues acting like this I'll dump her so fast she won't know what happened.