Chapter 1 Road Trip

So here is my werewolf story, I hope you all like it. Let me know what you think and I have gone over it for errors but if you find something I missed please let me know. Enjoy and don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thanks for reading

A Human Amongst the Wolves

Chapter 1 Road Trip

The sound of a car horn blaring and screeching tires jolted me awake. I sat straight up looking around the car to make sure it was still in one piece. The car was stopped alongside the road; my friend Lexi sat in the driver seat her face pale as a sheet. Her hands were clutching the steering wheel for dear life, breathing coming in small, fast gasps like she was having an asthma attack. Glancing at the clock on the radio to see it was 2:14 a.m. Outside was pitch black, the only light coming from the car, the sky littered with stars but no moon in sight. There were trees on either side of us but no sign of another car or even any sign of life other than us.

"Lexi what happened?" I asked looking at her horror stricken face. She finally turned to look at me clearly shaken by whatever happened. Her shoulder length blonde hair fell around her face, those baby blue eyes filled with tears.

"I must have dozed off. I didn't even see the car. I...I don't know how I missed it, how we didn't crash. There hasn't been a car for hours" She sobbed, her whole body shaking now. I pulled her into my arms rubbing circles on her back to try and calm her down.

Lexi and I have been friends since kindergarten when she moved into the house next to mine. We have done everything together from going on our first date to buying our first car. Imagine telling a guy that asks you out that your friend needs a date also. Luckily he had a friend and didn't mind making it a double date. We even decided to go to the same college, California University. Lexi has always been the cheerful, fun-loving type but recently her boyfriend of 3 years dumped her. So she's a little more emotional now. When summer break arrived I decided to bring her along to my mom's house in Florida. Originally she was supposed to go with Joe to Paris for the summer. She decided to make it a road trip turning our flight into a week long drive. We've been taking turns driving, stopping at a hotel whenever we get tired or if we go through a town that looks interesting.

"Lexi you were supposed to stop when you got tired or at least woke me up" I sighed pulling away from her.

"I was going to but there hasn't been a single hotel for the last 200 miles" She said wiping the tears from her face.

"Move, I'll drive till we find somewhere to stop" I said watching Lexi already climbing into the back seat.

"See now aren't you glad we brought my Jeep instead of that little two seater you call a car" I joked as she shot me a death glare. The car was a Pontiac Solstice and actually a really nice car but I always picked on her about it. Turning the radio on looking for an upbeat station to drive to, I took off down the road hoping to find a gas station or something soon because we were starting to get low. I've seen one too many back wood horror movies to go on a long road trip without a gas can or 2 already full. Call me crazy but I'm not getting stranded in the middle of nowhere because I ran out of gas. It was almost an hour when a sign on the side of the road caught my attention. The sign read 'Road Closed Ahead' and I prayed it was just one they missed and not really closed. Lexi said she drove 200 miles with nowhere to stop so turning around now would mean we would be driving all night. About 2 miles up the road there were lights flashing, cars lined up and down the street with people scattered everywhere. It wasn't road work that's for sure. Slowing down to a crawl a man with a flash light came running up to my window. The guy was average height, and by average I mean 6'1" - 6'2" with large arms covered in tattoos. A black tank top covered most of his chest leaving enough to show he was all muscle, black pants and bright white tennis shoes. Locking the doors before rolling the window down just so that I could hear through, I came to a complete stop. This guy could be a sadist, ritual killing psycho that stopped cars just to torture the passengers. Boy, I really need to stop watching horror movies.