Chapter [31]

-not edited :l sorry there are probably mistakes/grammar issues.

Cassandra Mc’Connell

I was woken up the next morning by the sudden urge to vomit. After assessing my situation, my mother knew I had food-poisoning. I didn’t mind – apart from the frequent vomiting, it meant I had more time to plan to see Andre. Soon enough, Kelly called worried about my whereabouts. I explained the whole situation. “You know you really should ask what’s in certain foods before you eat them.” Kelly said matter-of-factly.

I wanted to scream but on account of my continuous vomiting this morning, I was weak. “Kelly it was your stinkin’ sushi that gave me food-poisoning.”

“Do I hear denial? Cassandra, I’ve taught you better, take responsibility.” She said in a tone much like my mothers.

“When I’m better, I am so going to get you.” I threatened.

“Temper, temper.” She laughed. “You know you fell asleep on me way too early last night. You missed the whole thing!”

“I was tired.” I explained, not that I minded missing people being violently ripped to death.

“Tired, at ten?” She asked incredulous. “If you say so.” She dismissed the topic as I heard the familiar school bell ring in the background. “Well toodles babe, I’ve got to go - first period is starting.”

“Alright,” I said. “Talk to you later.” I replied ringing off.

As I chucked the phone onto my bed-side table, my mother came in wearing yellow rubber gloves and an apron. “Now, I’m going to work Cass but I want you to rest.” She revealed a medium sized green bucket and placed it by me bed. “I’m putting this here so you don’t make a mess all over my carpets.”

“Gee, thanks mom. I’m really feeling the love.” I said with heavy sarcasm.

“You’re not the one who had to pick regurgitated sushi chunks from the bedroom rug this morning honey.” She grimaced and I laughed. She whipped off the gloves and leant down planting a soft kiss on my cheek. “Be good, I left thirty dollars on the counter near the memo-board if you think you can hold a pizza down.” And then she left.

Jason Rogers

As soon as I passed through the school gates I searched for the familiar head of brunette waves that belonged to Cass. When I couldn’t find her, I started to look for Kelly – she would know.

“Hey blondie.” She greeted as she took a pile of books gingerly from her locker.

I frowned puzzled at her remark considering she too was blonde but decided to question no further. “Hey Kelly, have you seen Cass?”

She shook her head, “I swear you and Andre are so alike.” I furrowed my eyebrows. “Never mind.” She said but muttered something about ‘always asking’.

“Well?” I asked expectantly.

“Food poisoning.” Kelly said simply.

“What? How?” I asked.

“Sushi.” She shrugged. “She’s fine now though, just resting at home till the vomiting and nausea stops.”

Thoughts raced through my mind. “Uh-huh. Thanks.” I said distractedly as I walked away. Kelly scoffed as I walked away but my mind wasn’t focused on that. I was busy wondering if Cass was okay. I reassured myself knowing I would ring her after school.