Chapter [19]

-not edited, sorry for the mistakes and/or crappy grammar. 

Cassandra Mc’Connell

Early afternoon was becoming later and later. Sunday faded faster and faster. After the turning of events for this whole weeked, one thing was becoming clearer. Andre was going to have to leave.

Well, it wasn't like I could expect him to stay was it?

That would be selfish. We both knew he had school and I wondered just how he'd convinced his parents to let him go to a little unknown town for an entire weekend.

I walked to the door and leant on the door frame gently."When are you going?" I asked watching Andre who was now idly flicking through channels on TV.

"Going?" He asked still watching something uninteresting.

"Home."

"Hm, wel-"

"You can't stay here forever, tomorrow's Monday. You've got school."

"Ok, Mom." He snapped, his voice dripping in sarcasm. I flinched slightly, he continued, "I'm sure the school wouldn't miss me for a few days." 

"You can't just miss school. People will be.. supicious."

Andre grinned, "Who says that's bad?" Seeing the look on my face, he added, "Chill, no-one knows I'm here."

"So what's going to happen?" I asked expectantly. 

"Lady, the only way I'm leaving is if you're coming with me."

"Blackmail? Really?" I said gobsmacked, "D'you know what? No." 

"That's fine with me, I'm beginning to like it here anyway." He said crossing his arms behind his head comfortably. 

"Yeah, well.." I struggled to think of an equal reply. "Your grade point average will drop!" I said triumphantly. The smile lasted only for a minute as the smug look on Andre's face told me he didn't care in the slightest about his grades. I grumbled, holding out for three minutes before I sighed, "Can't we come to a compromise?" 

'I'm listening." He said, knowing he had the upperhand. 

"I don't want to go back, just yet. And I don't want to feel guilty for tying you down."

"That's not your choice, I'm choosi-"

"Andre, please. I'll come back.." I gulped, "I'll come back sometime this.. week. Just not tomorrow." He looked at me, tilting his head to the side and for a moment, I saw he understood. 

"Okay. Sometime this week. You promised." His electrifying blue eyes held mine with doubt. 

~*~ 

I stood looking out of the window in the living room.

The truth was. I was afraid. 

Afraid of going back to the place I'd run away from. Or maybe it was the person. I was afraid that after clearing my head completely, when I saw him everything would flood back. 

The worst part is not forgetting. It's remembering. 

"Don't over-think it." Andre's voice cut the silence behind me. 

"But what if-"

"Nothing Cass. You'll get worried and back out on m-" He paused, "On all the people that want you back at school."