Chapter [28]

Andre Wester  -before Cass leaves.

“That was so awkward.” Cass said closing the door and sinking to the floor.

“Yeah, I know.”

“Do you think he knows about us?” She mumbled.

I moved forward, crouching down before her and taking her hands in mine. “I know he’s smart enough to put two and two together.” She groaned and I frowned. It bothered me that it bothered her. “Why does it matter?”

She looked up, eyes meeting mine. “It doesn’t.” She got up slowly, “I gotta get all my stuff together.”

 I nodded.

~*~

I’d given her a sports bag and a pair of my sweatpants. I watched as she packed all her belongings and let her hair down. I cursed Kelly for interfering, I wanted Cass to stay with me for a little longer, I didn’t like the look of worry on her face.

“You’ll be fine.” I assured her as we walked towards the front door.

Cass smiled unconvincingly, “Yeah, I guess.” She slung the bag over her shoulder and placed her hands on my shoulders. “If you’re planning on kissing me once this door opens, think again buddy.”

I opened my mouth in shock and she gave me a knowing look. “You know me too well.” I confessd. She had completely read my mind.

“You’re trying to make him jealous.” She smiled, with a glint in her eye.

“Never!” I denied but she placed her hands on her hips sternly and I wavered, “Okay fine. I can’t help it.”

“I thought this thing between you and him was over?” Cass raised her eyebrows.

I stepped forward, moving my lips over hers. “It is, but you’re my girlfriend.”

“Whatever you say.” She laughed before leaning forward and reuniting our lips.

I pulled away reluctantly, “You should go.”

“Trying to get rid of me?” She teased.

“No, I’m scared if I kiss you any longer, you won’t be leaving for a while.” I smirked.

She smiled shyly, her neck and cheeks burning red before opening the door.

I watched her get into the car taking it as a personal insult that Kelly didn’t think I could be trusted. I could have driven her home, without a problem. I'd do anything for her. As the car started, I focused my attention back on her. Cass turned and waved smiling, I returned the favor by winking and lifting a hand to wave back. As the car turned the corner, I walked back into the house which now seemed empty and void without her presence.

Did it really bother her that much that Jase knew?

Cassandra Mc’Connell

“How was Kelly’s honey?” My mom asked as I walked in.

“Great.” I winced as I walked up the stairs, I hated lying to her. “Jase dropped me off.”

“Hm, nice to see you two getting along more.”

I walked into my room, closing the door and dumping the bag Andre had borrowed me. I rifted through the drawers below my dressing table and I spotted what I needed. An old Christmas present, I’d never had use for till now, I read the packaging.