Chapter [7]

✤ Cassandra Mc’Connell ✤

What was I going to do now?  Simple, avoid him - or maybe I should say 'them'. The new revelation that I was regarded as the new girl who couldn't keep her pants on had made me a walking embarassment - even to familiar faces.

I skipped English Literature and sat under the tree furthest away from the building. Hugging my knees towards me, I couldn't help feeling that Jase was right. I was no better than those idiotic bimbos that threw themselves at Andre repetitively. Didn't mean I wanted to hear it, especially from him. To make matters worse, rumours were travelling faster than lightening. 

I'd heard everything:

"I heard she stripped and lay in his bed."

"Nah, that's not it, I was told that she tricked him into coming to her house and pounced."

A mixture of anger and tears welled up inside me. The feeling I couldn't get over was betrayal - Andre and I were alone on that day, meaning he started this whole rumour off. How freakin' rich! Heighton's number one man-slutjust couldn't help bragging after 'getting' the new girl. Ha! I thought bitterly. I was right. All that I could think of was a phrase my mother had used repeatedly after my father had left.

"You're only interesting to them while you're a challenge. After that, they're done."

Well I'd show him, I vowed. The bell rang to start lunch. I wondered if I could just stay here, but my stomach obviously didn't like that idea as it gurgled violently. I decided against staying and made my way to the lunch hall.

"Hey, Cassandra?" It was Kelly. The last face I wanted to see, she'd warned me.

I decided to refuse any form of sympathy and launched into defence. "I'm fine Kelly. Really, I am." I walked past her quickly avoiding any conversation about what had happened. 

Across the field I could see Andre surrounded by his 'people'. His eyes caught mine and looked worried. I turned away and carried on walking. Jerk. Suddenly, I heard footsteps padding along behind me.

"Cass, it's not what you think." It was his voice, I fought every fibre in my body not to turn around and hear what he had to say.

"Leave me alone." I said, as coldly as I could muster and I continued on. I quickly took a detour and ran straight into the girls' toilets. The girl in the reflection under the bad lighting looked like hell on legs. Her eyes were red, her hair was messy and her shirt was scrumpled. 

Sighing, I fixed myself up as much as I could and put my hair up to attempt a neat bun. 

The girl in the reflection showed no emotion at all. Her eyes were a duller green, her hair was limp and she looked fragile - but none of that mattered. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. This is not the time, I told myself.

I turned, leaning on the sink when a message scrawled in sharpie on the tiled bathroom wall caught my eye.

From the hours of 11am - 11pm Cass's legs are open. All are welcome!

I didnt cry, I just stared. I welcomed the numb feeling that spread all over.

-

I'd been in here for about fifteen minutes, there was no way would Andre still be out there. The bell had already gone for classes any sane person wouldn't be around. The thought comforted me, no glares, comments or bastards.

I walked out of the toilets. "Funny how we keep bumping into each other." It was his voice again.

I spun on my heels to see him leaning against the walls with his arms folded wearing the same expression as before. His shirt clung onto his perfectly toned abs, his gorgeous blue eyes were emphasized by his tanned skin.

I drew my mind away from my thoughts and allowed anger to bubble up inside me. But I didn't react. I turned and walked away. 

"Cass, don't be like that." He said softly. And that was all it took for something in me to snap.

"Don't be like what, huh? Everyone in this damn school thinks I'm a whore and it hasn't even been a week. Jase who was my best friend is now against me AND the cream on top of the cake is: I fell for your stupid act. All of this is going on while you're in your 'perfect little world'. Girls swarm over you and guys think your a friggin' god. I'm sorry I don't what else to 'be' like. " I sneered. My chest heeved, I was out of breath from my little rant.

His expression was a picture of both shock and hurt. "I didn't tell anyone Cass. I swear."

"Yeah, and it's funny how the school seems to have the same assumption of what happened last night when only you and I were there." I spat my next sentence. "I regret ever meeting you Andre Wester. You're a pompous, egotistical man-slut."

He recoiled at the harshness of my words and the tone of my voice. "Cass, I- " He pleaded.

"Don't talk to me. I don't want to hear it. It's funny how sexual a little kiss turns out to be, isn't it? One surprise kiss, and suddenly the rumours are sky-high."

His eyes scanned my face for signs of hope. He seemed shocked into silence. I turned and ran, this time I couldn't hold back the tears, they spilling down my cheeks as I ran towards the school gate and as far away from him as possible. I didn't run fast enough to not have caught his last phrase.

"You're different." What a load of crap, I thought bitterly. 

I got home to my house, mom was probably at work. Good, I thought. If she were here, she'd go into over-drive and the questions would never end. I had to get over him. The picture replayed in my head, his pleading eyes. The truth I refused to believe.

My phone buzzed and my heart caught in my chest, was it him?

1 new message - Jase:

I'm sorry about what I said. Make-up and pizza @ mine? J xx

Reading the message slowly, I thought I would be angry, but I wasn't. Jase was just what I needed.

I needed my best friend.

♡☉♡☉♡

A/N; haha(: what's gonna haaaappppen? any teams yet? COMMENT&VOTE, it meaans alot guys!