Chapter [9]

✤ Cassandra Mc’Connell ✤

I spotted Jase lying on the field. And I walked up next to him, lay down and put my head on his chest - I was falling in love with my best friend. He pointed up, "I can see a sheep."

I laughed, "You always see sheep in the clouds Jase. And it looks for like an alien with a walking stick."

"Shut up Cass, it's a sheep." I leaned over and kissed him, sliding my tongue into his mouth slowly. I heard felt, rather than heard him moan. I broke the kiss moving my face centimetres away from his. For a few seconds he kept his eyes closed before whispering, "Damn Cass."

I giggled and replied, "Still ready to argue that it's a sheep?" And he laughed along with me. He kept silent and I smiled smugly to myself. One point to me. He put his arm around me and kissed my head delicately. 

This is how it should be, isn't it?

'We're such a cliché." He said spacedly.

"Huh?" I said confused.

"Best friends, fall in love and all that crap." He chuckled. My breath caught in my throat, we were in love. Which meant he felt it too?

"Hm," I thought aloud, "Yeah but cliché's aren't so bad though.. are they?"

"Nah, not at all, just predictable." He smiled.

"I like to think I'm quite spontaneous actually!" I said jutting my chin out in defiance.

"Yeah, you sure are Cass." He said emphasizing his complete sarcasm, "You're the most spo-, OW!"

"I bet you didn't expect me to flick you." I smiled mischeviously and chuckled while he rubbed his arm.

"That doesn't prove anyth- Hey! Where are you going?"

"I'm walking over here randomly because I'm so predictable." I called over my shoulder smirking and carried on walking.

Jase sighed, he probably expected me to turn back, I definitely wasn't going to do that now. 

 Casually, I strolled towards Jason's car. A sleek, sliver, Mazda RX8. His pride and joy, I smiled to myself as I thought. I scanned the car park and saw a familiar black, Chevrolet Camaro parked a few metres away. The owner however, was not in the car. I averted my eyes, annoyed with myself for even thinking about him.

"Cass?" Speak of the devil himself. "Cass, I need to explain to you." He pleaded.

I heard his voice and focused all my energy into keeping my back turned towards him and my colder exterior, completely frozen. "I don't need explanations Andre, please, just leave."

I heard the pleading in  his voice. "Cass, seriously, you don't understan--"

"Leave." I repeated.

"Even if you won't look me in the eye, I need to tell you. Think about what this is doing to me. No matter what you do Cass, I know you don't have it in you to stand there and ignore me. You're not like that." His voice trailed off.

My heart fluttered and I felt myself stumble. My mouth opened but not one word came out. I was relieeved he couldn't see my expression. I hardened my voice and replied in a way which I hoped was a bored, careless tone, "I don't wanna know, now leave me alone before I do something I regret." I threatened.

I heard Jase's voice behind me and relief washed over me, I didn't know how long I could this up. 

"Andre." Jase said, signifying an end to our previous conversation.

"Jase." Andre said bluntly.

Before anything more was said, I head footsteps die away into the crunching gravel.

"You alright?" I heard the immediate change in Jase's tone, it was gentle and sweet.

"Yeah, never better." I said, maybe lying slightly about that part.

He leaned in to kiss me and I turned my head so his lips landed gently on my cheek. Jase looked cutely confused and I smiled cheekily, "See, I am spontaneous."

A dissapointed expression whipped over his face and as we got into the car he protested, "Cass, I get it now, you're spontaneous."

"Oh really?" I said rasing my eyebrow in amusement.

"Yeah!" He replied exaperated, simultaneously flinging his arms off the steering wheel. The car swerved and I laughed as he gripped the steering wheel suddenly again.

"Two points to me then." I smirked.

As we backed up into my driveway, Jase looked at me. And I knew what he wanted. I pecked him quickly on the lips.

"Thanks." I smiled at his cute, tousled, boyish hair. As I opened the car door and stepped out, I turned back and said, "I'm done proving I'm spontaneous now." I winked and walked to my front door, unlocking it and walking inside.

I dropped my bag and keys and was just about to walk towards my room, when I heard the doorbell ring. I opened it and almost immediately Jase's lips were on mine, one hand clawed at my waist whilst the other threaded through my hair. It was an urgent kiss, and I liked the feeling of being needed. I was flushed, out of breath and a little dizzy. 

Jase could kiss like this?!

I felt him pulling away, my eyes still closed hoping it would bring me back into the dream. I was still on cloud nine and my skin tingled where he'd touched it. 

What brought me out my trance as my eyes snapped open, was a series of sudden noises.

The door slammed, and I heard Jase's car start and get quieter as he got further into the distance.

Not, of course, before I heard him say three simple words.

"Who's laughing now?"

♡☉♡☉♡ 

A/N; Hi guysss *waves* This was an weird chapter to write.. But I'm glad it's up now anyway. Hm, I might take it out of the humor category - omg,just a big thankyou to all you readers for reading and messaging me! Feel free to COMMENT & VOTE ^.^