97: Thy Will, Thy World

"Ashe. Your mother has reached Yatsohara."

Her announcement caused Ashe to feel relief. For however Lea was able to sense such a far off distance, he could only vaguely guess. Glancing at her troubled face, he couldn't help but wonder what could possibly cause her facial muscles to change for longer than a minute.

Victor had a clue, but he did not like voicing out what was really going on. Although he did not like for it to continue either.

'Smile, Lea... Good morning.. I love you today too...'

"Good morning, Lea. Did you sleep well?"

["......"] Lea decided to lie and nod her head. She hated to break it to Bright that all his thoughts were vividly resounded in her head, causing whatever discussion she intended with Seth and Liam almost impossible to accomplish.

She looked towards Victor who stared at her with sympathetic gaze.

'I can offer you a brief respite..' | 'Why is she staring at him again? They always do that.... Look at me too, Lea!! Look. Look. I've done well this morning haven't I??'

She sighed at the buzzing in her head. "I'll be back."

As soon as she said so, her shadow disappeared in almost an instant. Victor turned around and dashed at a direction.

Left at their camp, were Bright and Ashe's blank looks. Imhe remained comfortable in her little corner, under a tree root that formed like a cave. Despite her growth, there was enough space for her to settle.

Without her realization, she was adapting quite well as a cat. Her human desires slowly forgotten.

"Guess it's just the two of us for today's breakfast..." Bright sadly said. He has been awfully quiet on the surface after his first attempt at confession to which he decided not to pursue an answer just yet. He felt he was not gonna like the answer.

Ashe bobbed his head. He was trying to be considerate with Bright by being polite and quiet. He sensed what was going on with Bright since last night.

"I'm sure she just wants to think by herself." Ashe uttered under his breath.

Bright glanced at him and smiled. "Hm..."

"What if she falls for someone else?"

Bright dropped everything he was carrying; a bowl of soup, a plate of meat and green veggies, towel and his eyes.

Noticing the fear in Bright's eyes, and his pale lips, Ashe felt guilty. "Sorry. Just a sudden thought. I'm sure she is much too mature to decide for a lifelong partner hastily."

"........" Bright looked down on the things he dropped on the ground. 'Am I worthy for her...?'

Sensing his thoughts, Ashe frowned. "You don't have to be anyone, right?"

But Bright was no longer listening. His mind raced over thoughts.

Shaking his head, Ashe decided to leave Bright to his musing and begun eating his meal. It was delicious as always.

Heavy breakfast and light lunch. That was their plan as the morning is usually longer than lunch to supper. Ashe savoured his meal; half of his entity benefiting from all the nutrients.

----------

In the denseness of the forest, Lea sat atop a certain huge tree. She was feeling the breeze, while communicating with Seth. Once done, she proceeded to complete whatever tasks she wanted Liam to accomplish.

Satisfied with her morning's work, she briefly smiled and admired the beautiful dim lit sky above. She would hear birds chirping as they went about chasing one another. Their wings flapping caused her to reminisce over the lonely times when she was back on Earth.