56: Omen | 1 |

"Ah.. I forgot to give Lea a bracelet made by you... " Oliver muttered to himself as he rode on Phoenix's back.

⚜ ⚜⚜⚜⚜

Without wasting time, Lea commanded Liam and Seth to the exact locations on where to hunt the dangerous beasts using her Scan. She assured them that she'll gather them once again as soon as they were done with their task within a certain range.

So with a flick of her hand, the three dispersed.

Lea ran straight towards the Northern Cape, while Liam and Seth ran towards north and south.

On her first beast extermination along her path, she encountered a seemingly strange Mammoth-Rhinoceros beast. There appeared to be two heads, one for each of the combined origins, while the body was that of the latter.

With a dash, Lea prepared thick layers of essences on her body to cover herself for any unpredictable impact and true to her thoughts, she was immediately slammed away by its stretchable tail. "Curious." She thought.

"You are not even feeling scared.... What is wrong with you?!"

Lea ignored Ingrid's silly words as she continued to analyze her opponent.

She had thought of summoning sharp materialized objects, but if they were ineffective, it would prove to be troublesome for her aftermath. She needed to conserve every bit of essences she could for any counter-plans.

With high jumps, Lea managed to confuse her opponent, however, as she approached closer, she noticed the beast's skin seemed to shine under the moonlight.

"Steel enhanced?" She asked herself to which Ingrid replied.

"Those are solidified essences...!"

"What?" Lea was confused to the new word added as adjective to the word essence. She immediately questioned how it was possible to do so.

"If you contain essences long enough in a restrained space, they eventually calm down and not think of moving about. This is the start of solidification. But you would require a special material to even contain essences!"

"And what is this material you speak of?"

"Azta leaves. They are said to be legendary..."

"You do know you are a legend yourself?"

"Ah..... Then who..... I'm sorry, Lea.. I don't think I can help you with this."

"It's fine. I just need to survive."

"You amazon."

"Thanks."

"It was not a compliment."

"I know." Replied Lea, sensing Ingrid feeling worried for her sake. "It's fine."

".......Good luck."

Lea nodded in assent and backed away from close-range evasion. Although she has yet to take any damage, she couldn't land a hit either. It was not a losing game, neither was it that she could win.

During her brief moment of ponder, another dangerous beast came to a close.

"We are screwed!! RUN!"

But Lea did not move. Her ruby eyes analyzing the new beast, she could see it was a combination of an Eagle and a Lion. She had wondered about it for so long, but she could see several similarities of the beasts she had seen thus far from her previous world to the current world. Was it another connection to something more?