138: Returning all favors (3)

As soon as the doors were opened, Lea was immediately reminded of a certain memory marble. With her unusually frantic eyes, she looked all around. The room was still very vivid in her mind as the terrible images of a young Spirit resurfaced. Her heart shuddered with lingering fear and nervousness, as if afraid a heartbreaking conclusion was finally pieced together.

Ever since seeing the events in the memory marble, upon seeing the young Spirit whose name she only knew as Voice, Lea had been anxious although she never seem to show it. But this time, being in the same room as her cries, she was shaken by a very common emotion she's constantly been feeling ever since coming into this world. Ominous feeling; a sense of dread.

"Where was the child Spirit you recently captured?" Although she hid the anxiousness in her voice well, Elder Yun was still able to detect it. But he wasn't so kind to make her feel good.

"Which? All of the Spirits we've captured have all been used. Otherwise, how can we be so eager to easily fooled into your---"

He did not even finish his words when his tongue flopped onto the floor. He totally missed the beat to cry out as blood raced outside his mouth, dripping out of his lips and leaking out of the corners of his mouth. He blinked his eyes, fear finally creeping into his heart. He has tried to cope with the delusion that the girl in front of him could not possibly amount to much and their come back would arise at any moment. At the sound of his own tongue splatter on the floor, a dreadful realization was finally sinking in.

Seeing the spectacle, Elder Lin did not waste his breathe and said, "She was transported a week ago!" His composure gone, Elder Lin was finally a little nervous. The sight of the tongue easily dropping on the floor without even seeing any movement made him feel extraordinarily fearful. At least in his case, he still needed to make hand or arm movements to manipulate the essences stored within himself unlike the girl before them whose presence was not greater than a god.

A person's perception changes after seeing what the other can do, and this was exactly what was going on for the elders. Their previous arrogance was slowly being crumbled under Lea's cruelty, and she was not even done yet.

Lea almost ripped the elders to shreds hearing his words, but she couldn't. She still needed them alive. Slowly and calmly, she asked, "Where?"

"Across the forbidden land..."

"Where?" Lea repeated sternly.

He no longer beat around the bush and said, "In Solitario Isle... there is a forbidden land that connects to borderlands..."

It finally clicked inside Lea's head. There was indeed something like it within Solitario Isle, but she did not have the time to venture beyond.

Seeing as Elder Yun was about to lose consciousness due to loss of blood, Lea immediately reattached his tongue and invigorated him with more iron. These were all witnessed by everyone, causing them all to feel flabbergasted and out of mind. All except Victor who stood obediently at the side, his composure ever calm, while his beautiful aquamarine eyes never left Lea.

Was this girl even human or god??  Was what the others were thinking.

Looking around the room once again, there really was no more Spirits alive. The people have been knocked unconscious or dead, caught defenselessly by the aggression and confidence of Japatu and his Spirit companions. Hence, everyone had to move on to another facility, and knowing there were still other places with more dreadful laboratories, the three elders who finally had a little breather was once again plunged into depression; all of them thinking dying would have been easier than living while being tortured at heart and mind.

_____________

First led them into the last biggest facility in Crimson Boa District, "Morpheus Hall."

The automatic doors zapped sideways upon detecting a weight on the platform before the entrance. What came into view were glassed containers filled with green water and within, mutilated organisms were submerged. Each glassed container was connected with huge durable wires and plugged to machines at the side where data was collected. There were single doors on the left with a label of their purpose. One particular door was labeled as 'Nucleotide Bases', while another was labeled 'Organic Parts'.

The sight of these experimentation was terrible and ghastly that even the usually stoic Admiral graced everyone with a frown. Japatu's eyes were empty, much like the rest of the Spirits that were with him. In their mind, they half-blamed themselves for being used as roots for evil. Their existence fueled the mass production of monsters. But they truly could not be blamed as greed and evil surrounded their naturally harmless nature, and humans merely took advantage of that.

Amongst the crowd, only the elders appeared proud of their achievements. With their smug expression, they momentarily forgot their fear and impending doom. Their eyes glimmered at the sight of every glassed container still running with full power and glowing like the sun in their mind. This was their work of art and purpose in life, creating life with their own hands.

Sensing their mental waves, Lea could not stomach their emotional upheaval making her unconsciously explode one of the glassed container. The essences readily transformed into sharp blades as per her emotions as if whatever upsets their master, they would eliminate them all. Hence, all eyes went to look at her face, knowing fully well she was the only one capable of such a feat without lifting a finger or batting an eye.

Lea's face held no emotion, but her eyes could pierce the heart of everyone present. They sensed she was a really dangerous young girl, no longer holding their discrimination due to her appearance. This was especially true with the suddenly trembling elders. How could they forget that the demon was still behind them? Remembering how they held some marvel upon entrance into the room, they could already see the end of it all.

First noticed it was about time to start explaining things once again, hence he moved towards the first container that didn't explode, saying: "'Viridi Liquid' enhances organic parts and preserves them for at least a month. Submerged in this green water, an enhanced beast part is being transformed to another grade that increases its regeneration capability as well as its distinct characteristic. According to these levels, this beast part should have had 1.5% enhancement."

Upon hearing his descriptive explanation, Lea frowned and asked, "How are compatibility issues handled?"

First only needed a moment to summarize a clear cut answer, "Along these rows of glassed containers are several others with common purposes, which indicates that if this one fails, another would replace it."

Having the mind to clearly analyze his surroundings in face of inhumane experimentation, First proves his outstanding capability once again. He's not fazed, nor is he indifferent, he simply knows how to keep himself calm amidst disturbing situations. This caused Lea to admire the officer, secretly thinking of having him work under her instead. She then glared at the three elders who immediately became nervous at her gaze.

"Reward must be given for all your hard work." Upon Lea's cold words that was so monotone, the three elders' eyes widened in horror.