4: Beauty is enough to lure the worm

~Land Bridges: Mingzhe Dei - Port Ruo~

A smile so brilliant was brought on Lea's face upon meeting the frivolous man at the Land Bridges' toll shelter. Not only was the man captured by Lea's smile, but everyone else's as well.

Ruby eyes, glinting of wicked intelligence beyond her years, the surrounding men felt their testosterone levels skyrocket [A/N: Sorry for the choice of words. It is quite literal]. Lea was aware of their reactions, but even if she did notice, she chose to ignore.

"Greetings to you, fair lady, could I be of help to you?" Inquired the man rather over excitedly, his heart thumping in anticipation for Lea's response. He smiled even more when Lea stopped walking just in front of him. This man must have been struck by what would cupid call Love At First Sigh.

With her smile still plastered on her exotic face, Lea softly replied, "Oh yes, kind Sir. Would you happen to be passing through this side of the Land Bridges? And if so, could I bother you to take me up with you?

"I promise you, I shall try not to meddle with your business."

Her voice pleasing to the ears, the man's admiration for Lea increased some more. He could not possibly leave Lea alone for any other matters. Right away, he answered in a fluster: "No problem! No problem! Come, come!"

Although she appeared genteel and alluring, she was becoming restless. Feeling hopelessly distress internally, Lea could only keep cheering herself. If she had other safer and reliable means, she would have opt for it instead of appealing to an old man twice her age.

She was slightly feeling relieved when the man agreed to her request. Hence, she gave him her most elegant bow, making the man all smiles for being of help to a beauty. "I thank you kindly, good sir..."

Waking up from his dazed state, the man immediately urged four of his men to accompany Lea deep in the corner where most of the carriages were kept. She saw others resting under the shade of the trees as well as in their own blanketed shelters. Most eyes were on here as if she was an exotic animal in display.

Just as they arrived at the carriage the man had chosen for her, Lea was surprised at how heavy the decorations on the carriage were. Jewels at every line and corners. Unfortunately, she did not know about precious stones very well. Ignoring how the carriage's appearance, Lea proceeded to open the carriage door herself, receiving another shock.

Inside of the carriage, light colored pillows layered the floor, providing extreme comfort for whoever occupies inside. There weren't any big jewels that could hurt one's eyes, and neither were there any luxurious statues. Lea was secretly delighted.

Lea generously thanked the man, while he introduced himself in return. "I'm a highly capable merchant from Sabio, and everyone calls me Carlitus Royce Slade. It's been a great pleasure to meet you, m'lady!"

"My... You certainly came from far away, kind Sir." She briefly remembered the replicated map from the books in Victor's basement library, trying to continue the conversation for a little while.

"Oh please, call me Carlitus, M'lady. And, may I have the honor to get to know you better, lady fair?" Carlitus asked in his most gentlemanly tone, but failed to appear charming. "For example... your name..."

There was doubt he'd ever appear lovely in most people's eyes. Lea closed her eyes, trying not to make it appear abrupt as she couldn't handle the lecherous expression he has been giving her. Resigning her fate to mingle with the man for a bit, just until she finds out more information, she slowly gave a nod.

"Do forgive me for my late introduction despite my bold request for accommodation, Carlitus. I have been bestowed the name Dai Wouxie. A pleasure to meet you." Replied Lea smoothly, her elegant smile not faltering with her lie.