87: Departing from Redfield

"Lea, could I bother you with something?" It was Oliver who knocked on Lea's door, although it was only to call for her attention as it was already opened. In response, she nodded in assent and urged him to sit beside her on the bed's edge.

They were staying temporarily in Redfield to lay out their plans and prepare for another journey. The town was a little bit more welcoming after they've extended their stay. But Illson requested they leave before the townspeople start getting curious of the outside world. 

"Where you the one who helped me in Mingzhe Dei?"

His question unexpected, Lea briefly comb through her memories. Then she tilted her head as she asked, ["You knew?"]

Amused by Lea's improved expressions and reaction, Oliver slightly smiled as he nodded his head. Turning his head to look down on his hands, he whispered, "I truly am useless... I am not suitable to lead anyone..." His voice barely audible, but with Lea's improved senses thanks to the returned balance of essences in the air, she heard his whisper loud and clear.

Patting Oliver's stiff shoulders, Lea shook her head. With her eyes looking squarely into his cyan eyes, she said, ["Your people can see how skillful and kind you are. You are needed for a nation that can appreciate peace and beauty."] She smiled and continued, ["I believe in you, and you should start believing yourself too."]

Her words were beautiful and encouraging that Oliver felt quite relieved. As if something within him was lifted off, or the fog has been cleared.

The poisonous fart left him quite a blow to his ego. His self-confidence almost crumbled, but for some reason, he wanted to talk to Lea. And he was glad he did.

He could still remember the first few times he forced himself on her, to befriend her and to get closer to her. Her guard was completely up, and she would ignore him every chance she got. But he did not mind. When it mattered, she would listen. Looking into her mysterious white pupils, Oliver couldn't help but be mesmerized by her enchanting appearance once again.

She was beautiful inside and out.

Lea then looked outside her window to observe the sky. For some reason, she had been feeling quite ominous.

A brief silence and then loud footsteps were heard. "Lea!! Listen to---- What are you doing alone with her, Oliver?" From a jubilant expression, to a frown, Bright entered Lea's room.

The place was getting rather crowded, and for some reason, Bright and Oliver had been similar to water and oil.

It was unusual as the former was the first to have the intention of befriending the latter. Then right after they found their temporary place, Oliver acted even more cold towards Bright, ignoring Victor altogether. Bright was upset by the change. Like a child, he retaliated with anger every chance he got.

Oliver, however, calmly stood up and gently lifted Lea's hand, kissing the back of it softly. The scene was so romantic that even Bright forgot to think.

Lea, however, deadpanned at Oliver's usual skinship. It was a gesture Oliver always executed if he intended to greet her or leave her presence. And she simply nodded in assent.

Without a word, Oliver dismissed himself, completely ignoring Bright's blank face and mouth agape.

["Bright."] She called, slightly stronger than her usual volume in talking to someone directly into their mind. At this, Bright groaned and grabbed for his head.

"Lea.... I told you to stop speaking directly into my head.... It hurts..." A tear could be seen at the corner of his eye.

Lea shrugged and replied through her mouth. "Fix your problem. Don't involve me."