45: She Died

"Hey... It's been 3 days since I last saw you eat. Are you even human?"

"......." Lea ignored his words and continued to walk.

They were travelling through the wilderness, away from the main path to avoid luring bandits and capital officials. She did not wish for trouble, but a most trouble youth was just behind her.

"You don't even talk to me. I'm going to go crazy!!"

"You already are." She sarcastically muttered. 

"What?! No I am not. For a mercenary, it's normal to be someone like me. You know what I mean?"

".........." Lea rolled her eyes, never looking back.

"Boring woman!"

His words remained ignored.

"You mute.
"Amazon Woman.
"Skin and bones.
"Grapes hair.
"Murderer---"

A kick flew to his head, inches away from landing the hit. His magenta eyes darted from the foot barely hitting him and towards the ruby eyes glaring at him. He finally smiled. "That's what you should do. Show me some reaction~"

Putting down her leg, Lea turned around to proceed walking once again, ignoring the mischievous Liam behind her.

"Seriously, you are so boring. How can anyone stay with you?"

"................" She did not care what he thought as long as he was around on her watch.

As if reading her thoughts, Liam walked to another direction. She stopped in her tracks, and spun herself towards Liam's retreating back. 

With a sigh, she grabbed his scruff.

"W-wa-waaait!! What the h3ll??" He was walking backwards due to Lea's pull. She could care less.

"I said waaaiittt!! WOMAN, I HATE YOU, DAMN IT!!" He exclaimed with gritted teeth. His hands were tide by bloody vines. He suspected, she was manipulating some of his blood once again. How she does it, he has yet to figure out.

"Fine, fine. I'll follow behind properly. I won't go anywhere, so LET. GO!" Before he could finish breathing his last word, he was dropped on the ground. Lea was overlooking above him. Her stance domineering.

"I pity your husband-to-be." With his words, a foot was slammed on his cheek, massaging it occasionally. "What? You actually care about that?!"

"..........." Hearing his words, Lea stopped her actions to ponder. She then decided to remove her foot from his face to help him up. Without work, she lifted Liam up properly while dusting some dirt off his clothes.

With a grumble, Liam simply whispered, "I don't understand you."

"You don't have to." She said with finality in her voice.

Liam, however, was too curious to know what kind of person Lea really is behind her stoic facade. He had noticed her occasionally being kind and affectionate to certain harmless beasts. He even caught her stalking a lost child thinking the child was lost. Then there was also a point when she gave him her portion of food because he finished his own too fast.

But everything she did seemed to go against her normal persona who didn't even talk or pay attention to him at all. He knew she was always watching, however. He didn't know why she was so adamant at keeping him around, but it didn't matter to him. It was entertaining following her around.

"Let's play a game." He announced.

She glanced at him briefly. "Let's compete who could hunt as many beast as they can."