34: Threats to Mingzhe Dei | 2 |

"Wait, wait, wait. The discussion is over?" Bright suddenly blurted out as soon as he noticed the members in the room standing up one by one.

With a raised brow, Ulla gazed at Bright's confused expression. She couldn't help but sigh at his pitiful appearance.

"If Lea has decided who the masterminds are, there was less room to discuss. I think Raize understood her point too. As for me, I'll be busy with Imhe, so we are leaving." She briefly said while glancing at Izaya's. "Don't forget to send the message as soon as possible to your Lord."

Once again, realization dawned on Izaya that maybe he didn't meet a group of kind saviors, but rather the devils themselves. But his heart of gold could never turn himself the other way, instead, he dutifully nodded his head in agreement.

For whoever witnessed the scene, one would wonder who was the master of the mansion.

".....So what exactly where we supposed to do next?" Asked Bright innocently as he gazed at the innocent banana cupcakes with black tea cherry frosting on the coffee table. They were delicious, but his stomach was already filled to the brim.

 They were delicious, but his stomach was already filled to the brim

To his inquiry, Lea kindly and quietly explained. "We will remain under Izaya's care for the time being until Imhe secures an ally. I'll be out of the capital for the time being."

Hearing her words, Raize abruptly turned to look at her unreadable face. "What do you mean?" He inquired, his tone a little louder than normal.

She glanced at Raize's unusual agitation. "I'll be back before we all depart from Chlad." Was all she said before leaving the room. Behind her was Seth, following closely right after her without giving a glance to anyone else. The fox on her shoulder glared daggers at Seth to which the latter simply curiously stared right back with his crimson eyes.

Left behind, Raize clenched his hands with a dark expression on his face. Bright noticed the change and felt himself fearful over what could've caused Raize to show such an obvious negative expression.

Approaching Raize slowly, he then gently patted Raize's shoulder. "Yo! Did you eat something bad?"

To Bright's simple, but dumb question, Raize's dark obsidian eyes expressed killing intent. The former immediately felt danger and thus ran away without another word.

Ulla who was waiting on Imhe saw the whole scene. She had guessed Raize must really be feeling frustrated over Lea's recent secretive behavior. She was then reminded at how cold Raize acted to her when he thought she knew something he didn't. Or when he thought she was lying to him all along.

She suddenly felt ominous. And she simply knew, her gut was right again this time. Something bad was bound to happen soon.

Unbeknownst to her and everyone else, that was the last time they will ever see Lea's familiar appearance.