Chapter 36

“Finally we’re home,” I said. Calvin and I went back to Taiwan to return to our previous work. We extended our honeymoon to 10 weeks. For 10 weeks, we visited some European places: London, Paris, Madrid, and Milan to name a few. Our friends and fans still didn’t know that we already came home but the passengers who took departure flight to Taipei saw us then approached and pleased us to take pictures with them.

Calvin took a deep breath and said, “Let’s surprise them. What do you think?” I just nodded. We were both excited to see our friends, most especially AaronJiro, and Chun. Our last update on them was Aaron’s new relationship with Julienne. We took a taxi cab and went to Chen residence. We saw Chen Mama and Chen Papa again and they embraced us. Chen Mama asked, “How was your honeymoon?” We smiled. Chen Papa raised a question, “Are we expecting for our first grandchild?” I pleased Papa but Calvin put his right hand on my left shoulder and told his parents, “Pa, ma, I did my best to make your wish come true. Let’s wait for my first born child, okay?” I slapped his shoulder then he asked, “Why did you do that? We are in the process of making a baby that’s why we scheduled our European honeymoon, right?” I laughed and didn’t comment. After that, we ate dinner then took a rest.

Next day, Calvin and I went to HIM International Music office for a surprise visit. When we entered at conference room on time, AaronJiro, and Chun were surprised and didn’t expect that we had arrived from our European honeymoon. “When did you arrive from Europe?” asked ChunCalvinreplied, “We arrived just yesterday.” “How was your trip, I mean, honeymoon?” Jiro raised a question. I answered, “It was fun. We enjoyed the vacation so much. How about you? Have you all found your Ms. Right?” JiroAaron, and Chun cleared their throats then didn’t comment. Calvinnoticed, “Hmm… Your smiles look so different. Do they mean you found the right one for you?” The three just smiled.

After we had taken lunch, a producer from Comic International Productions Limited called and informed me that I will be one of the main casts of new drama. Of course I am willing to accept it because I already missed acting. So I went to story conference with other main casts and production crew. I was happy because I’m working with JiroReen Yu, and Super Junior’s Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

It’s my first time to meet ReenKyuhyun, and Ryeowook. I was amazed because these twoSuper Junior members can speak and understand Mandarin and English languages. But there was nervousness in me that I had this thought in my mind: may be Calvin would be jealous with Kyuhyunand Ryeowook. I know he would understand it. Jiro placed his hand on my shoulder and said, “Don’t worry. He understands your work because you’re an actress, okay?” I just nodded.

Title: 把我的爱

English Title: Carry My Love

Cast:

Rose Chiu-Chen as Yuri Wong, a famous superstar from the Philippines

Kim Ryeowook as Kim Ryeowooka member of Korean group Super Junior who had fallen in love with Yuri

Cho Kyuhyun as Cho Kyuhyun, a member of Korean group Super Junior who had a crush on Yuri

Jiro Wang as Zhao Yuan, Yuri’s personal butler and Selena’s boyfriend

Reen Yu as Selena, Yuri’s bestfriend and Yuan’s girlfriend

As I read the roles we will play in the drama, I thought deeply, “Okay. Ryeowook will fall in love with my role and not with me. Hmm… His face is so familiar to me. Had we met before?” I didn’t mind that, rather because this is a big production, I accepted the role and we will start filming in few weeks.

After the story conference, Jiro invited me to somewhere. We both arrived approximately 30 minutes to a studio inside GTV building. I was surprised that the fans were inside the studio of 100% Entertainment hosted by Show Luo and Alien Huang. After they had introduced me, I said, “It’s nice to be back here on your show.” The audience was very happy to see me again. I can’t believe that all HIM artists (FahrenheitS.H.E., MaydayJade LiuAnthony Neely, and Olivia) and Korean group Super Junior were also here. The hosts invited Calvin to join me and asked questions regarding our wedding and honeymoon. It was a fun interview and each artist sang one to two songs for us. I thanked the fans for their support and love. Before the show wrapped up, the fans were screaming for a kiss. We invited them to watch our own MTV shows. As the fans’ screams got louder, we had no choice but to grant their request. We kissed then hugged each other.

Calvin and I went home. We greeted Chen Papa and Chen Mama. Chen Mama cooked a delicious dish for us. We had a nice dinner and talked more about our European trip. Also, we showed pictures to them. After that conversation, we went upstairs. When we opened the door, we looked inside the room very neat and organized. Before we had slept, Calvin told me something, “I have good news. Besides MTV Ri Han Yin Yue Feng, I will be hosting Apple E-News with Cynthia WangJing WongWeng TzymannYuan Ai FeiVickie, and JR.” “Congratulations! I’m happy for you,” I said then thought something very deeply after a few-second pause, “Wait. Is it true that you will be my co-host in MTV Most Wanted? So it means…” Calvin nodded and said, “Exactly! But how did you know that?” “Actually, the CEO of MTV Taiwan told me that information. I was then very excited,” I replied. I was so glad. I hugged him tightly but I felt his nervousness that he will be hosting in English for the very first time. “I also have good news,” I said. Calvin asked, “What is it?” “I have a new drama. I will be working with JiroReen Yu, and Super Junior’s Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. We will start shooting in few weeks,” I answered. He asked again, “WOW! That’s great! What’s your role there anyway?” “I’ll play the role of Yuri Wong, a famous Filipino superstar that was given an opportunity to shine in Asian entertainment industry. In fact, I have two male leads,” I responded. “Hmm… From the names you mentioned a while ago, let me guess. Are Kyuhyun and Ryeowookyour male leads?” He raised question #3. I nodded and asked, “How did you know? Did Jiro tell you?” “Yeah,” he said, “I’m happy that you will be working with them.” There was a 2-3 minute pause. He noticed that I was worried and doubted, “Is there something wrong about your new drama?” I honestly asked, “Will you feel jealous about them? Because I’m sure soon the reporters will publish articles about me and Kyuhyun or about me and Ryeowook.”