Chapter 35

Aileen held Jiro’s left hand and cried, “I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. I have no intention to hurt you. I need enough space and time to think. I promise to be back when you’re okay and awake.”Dianne knocked at the door and said, “Aileen, you need to leave before the film director comes. He will be here in 5 minutes.” Aileen left the room and returned to the car. The film director saw Dianneinside Jiro’s room and asked, “Hi, Dianne! Where are Reen and Nicole?” “They went home and took a rest,” answered Dianne. She told the director that she needs to leave. She left the room and their plan was a success.

Three days prior to Aileen’s departure, Dianne received a call from Nicole that Jiro was already on a stable condition and will be discharged few hours later. She informed Aileen the good news andAileen was very happy. Suddenly, Aileen vomited blood. Dianne accompanied her to go to hospital for further check-up. The OB-GYNE doctor gave Aileen a pregnancy test. They will be waiting after two days for the results.

“Are you alright?” asked Dianne. Aileen answered, “Don’t worry. I’m much fine.” Dianne asked again, “Are you hungry?” “Yes. But I’m craving for meatballs and smoked fish,” replied Aileen. They went to 1221 (pronounced “Yi Er Er Yi”) restaurant located at Yanan Xi Lu, Changning and they noticed that the menu comes in English, Pin yin, and Mandarin. They ordered Shanghainese cuisine dishes like lionhead meatballs and Shanghai smoked fish. Their stomachs were so full and they paid the total amount of CN¥ 294 (PhP 1928.64 / US$ 45.94). They went home and took a rest.

Reen and Jiro resumed filming on the following day. He acted very well and the director noticed that he’s much okay and much focused. They finally wrapped up the drama with a proposal scene. Jiro’s role proposed a marriage to the female lead and she accepted his proposal. There were colorful fireworks and was shot at a romantic venue.

That night, the cast and the production staff had a wrap-up party. All of them were happy that it’s already finished. At the same time, they were sad that they will work separately. Reen will cast in a new drama with Super Junior’s Ryeowook and Kyuhyun while Jiro will record new songs with otherFahrenheit members for their fifth album. But they will reunite again in doing promotions in Taiwan and other Asian countries when FTV/GTV has already a premiere schedule of their drama. In fact, they will release a drama photobook and soundtrack.

Next day, it was Aileen’s last vacation day in Shanghai. Dianne helped her in packing up. Her passport and departure ticket had been prepared already. Few hours before her departure, she was ready to do her task that was asked by Dianne. They went to a Chinese broadcasting network and entered at a dressing room near the studio of a popular variety show.

Jiro had a guest appearance in that show. Then he sang Fahrenheit’s songs Hen An Jing and Mo Mo. After he performed, the hosts interviewed him on what’s latest about him.  Then as requested by his fans, he sang an English song from Disney Channel Original Movie Camp Rock 2.

You're My Favorite Song

[Jiro]

Words don't come easy without a melody

I'm always thinking In terms of do-re-mi

I should be hiking, swimming laughing with you

Instead I'm all out of tune

But what you don't know

You lift me off the ground

You're inspiration, you helped me find myself

Just like a baseline a half-time

You hold down the groove

That's why I'm counting on you

[Chorus]

And if I heard you on the radio

I'd never wanna change a single note

It's what I tried to say all along

You're my favorite song

I'm in a session writing tracks

You've got another class to teach

And then rehearsal with a band

You're always one step out of reach

I'm looking for some harmony

With you it comes so naturally

You helped me find the right key

[Jiro & Aileen]

And when I here you on the radio

I'd never wanna change a single note

It's what I tried to say all along

You're my favorite song

My Favorite Song!

And when I here you on the radio (yeah yea)

I'd never wanna change a single note (no no)

It's what I tried to say all along

[Aileen]

You're my favorite song

[Jiro]

You're my favorite song

Jiro was surprised when he saw Aileen. He hugged her and asked, “Where have you been?” She replied, “Just somewhere here in Shanghai. Sorry if I’d let you worried.” “It’s okay, at least you are here again,” Jiro said. “Did I surprise you?” asked Aileen. Jiro answered, “Yeah. And you can sing! You have a good voice.” “Thanks for your compliment. But it’s my hidden talent,” thanked Aileen.Jiro said, “Oh! And now it’s not hidden already. Anyway, thanks for your surprise. I appreciate your effort in showing your talent.” Aileen smiled. They went to Jiro’s dressing room after his appearance in a variety show. Aileen was holding her tummy and whispered something to Jiro that he immediately shocked and happy, “I have good news for you. I’m two weeks pregnant!”