Chapter 34

It’s already weekend. Every Saturday after work, Dianne always dropped by at the Hongqiao International Pearl City located at Changning district in Shanghai to buy jewelries. She came back home and yelled, “Aileen! Open the door.” Aileen opened the door. Dianne said, “JiroNicole, and Reen are still worrying. I almost lied to them when they asked me if I’m with you. Is there a reason why are you hiding from them?” Aileen nodded and told the truth, “Actually, something had happened between Jiro and me. It happened a night before I silently left at the hotel.” “I said it. I knew from the start that Jiro likes you, even you like him as well. Okay. I let you stay here for a while. By the way, when is your flight back to the Philippines?” asked DianneAileen answered, “It’s already next week.” “Oh. Is it okay if I have a favor to ask you?” Dianne asked again and whispered her favor. Aileen said, “No. I can’t do that.” Dianne pleased her to do it then finally she agreed.

Back at the filming site of Jiro and Reen, the film director got angry that Jiro can’t focus and had always forgotten his lines. He asked, “What’s wrong with you? Why aren’t you focusing all of a sudden? Is it because of your assistant that was gone for few days but still you can’t find her?” Jirowas annoyed but he better kept his mouth shut.

Start of another week and it’s Aileen’s last vacation week in Shanghai. She’s staying at Dianne’s house until the day of her departure flight to Manila. While Dianne was working from 8am-4pm at her company office in Changning district, Aileen did some household chores. When she’s tired doing these, she turned on the cable TV and watched foreign films premiering on movie channels, either HBO or Star Movies. After Dianne had arrived from work, she helped Aileen in cooking for their dinner. While they’re eating, Aileen saw Dianne’s phone ringing and it’s JiroAileen went quickly inside her room while Dianne stayed at the dining area and answered her phone.

Dianne: Hello, Jiro?

NicoleDianne, it’s Nicole. I have a bad news.

Dianne: What? Was there something happened?

Nicole: Yes. Jiro had an accident during filming.

Dianne: Huh? Accident? Is he okay?

Nicole: It’s a car accident. We are currently here at the hospital, waiting for results from the doctor. We still don’t know, but hoping that he will be alright. Have you found Aileen already?

Dianne: Not yet.

Nicole: Oh. If you found her, please tell her to proceed here at the hospital. Reen and I want her so that when Jiro awakes, the first person he sees will be her. I’ll text you the exact address of the hospital. Please come too to visit here if you have free time.

Dianne: Okay.

Dianne hung up her phone. Aileen went out her room. Dianne said, “You need to go to the hospital. Jiro had an accident and he’s there.” “WHAT?! WHERE? I WANT TO SEE HIM! I WANT TO KNOW IF HE’S OKAY,” Aileen was panicked. Dianne said calmly, “Aileen, please calm down. I’m waiting for Nicole’s mobile message for the hospital’s location details. All we gonna do is pray forJiro’s stable condition and recovery.” “But how? I mean do we have a plan so that ReenNicole, and other movie production staff will not notice that you are with me?” asked AileenDianne answered, “I have a plan. Let me drive my own car and park it inside the hospital’s parking area. Stay in my car for a while and I will go first. I will tell ReenNicole, and other movie staff to go home and rest for a while and let me take care of Jiro. Then if they already went out at the hospital, that’s the time for you to immediately proceed to the room number which I will send to you via phone message when you read it. Do you understand?” Aileen nodded.

Aileen and Dianne arrived at the hospital few minutes after they had received Nicole’s message from Dianne’s phone. They followed what they had planned. Dianne went out first and proceeded to room 507. She saw Reen and Nicole and hugged them. She asked, “Is he okay?” “He’s still in coma and needs to undergo further medical examination. We need to wait for a minimum of 36 hours for the complete result,” Nicole responded. Reen asked, “Have you found Aileen already?” Dianne replied, “Not yet. Let me take care of him. I know you’re tired already so you must go home and rest.” “Okay,”Reen and Nicole agreed then left the hospital. Few minutes after, Aileen received a phone message from Dianne to proceed at room 507. She quickly went to room 507 and saw Jiro in coma. “He’s still undergoing further examination. We have to wait for 36 hours or more. He’s not yet awake for the past 12 hours already. I’m going to stay outside okay? I’ll call you if we need to leave already,”Dianne said. Aileen nodded and stayed inside with Jiro while Dianne went out the room.