Chapter 40

I came out from conference room of HIM International Music building with my manager and other administrative heads for a meeting. At the lobby I was surprised. AileenJulienne, and Micah ran towards me and hugged me so tightly. “We missed you so much!” they said. Surprisingly, Calvin,JiroChun, and Aaron were smiling at us. I asked, “Wait a minute. Why are you all here?” “Well, the girls are here for a vacation. And they want to see you,” Calvin replied. I was happy to know that. “Actually we are here not only to see you but to see our princes as well,” Micah answered. I gave them a big smile but I noticed Aileen, “What happened to you, Aileen? Why are you carrying a baby? Doesn’t mean…” She smiled and said, “Yes, Xiao Mei. What you are thinking is right. Jiro and I are this baby’s parents.” “That was a surprise! Congratulations! I’m happy for you,” I gladly told Jiroand Aileen. As a celebration, we went to a high-end restaurant in Taipei and ate lunch.

Few days after, I attended a meeting again with HIM’s executive producer Alex Chang-Chien, managing director Linda Ho, and promotion & marketing department director Yi-Ching Wu to discuss my upcoming album and concert. I wanted these to be meaningful. I told them the reason and they said that they would do their best to make these memorable. Just what I did few years ago with my first album and first concert in Taipei, I had to select songs for this time.

While I was in the process of completing these, I remembered that Calvin and I had to talk regarding what I noticed few months ago during the advanced screening of Carry My Love. I picked up my phone and tried to call him. He heard his phone ringing, saw my name, and quickly answered it.

Xiao Mei: Cuppycake?

Calvin: Yes, sweetie.

Xiao Mei: Ahm…

Calvin: Is there anything wrong?

Xiao Mei: Oh. It’s nothing. Everything’s alright. I had remembered something. I noticed you whispering to Ryeowook during Carry My Love advance screening.

Calvin: Oh… That.

Xiao Mei: Yes. Please tell me the truth. I was not convinced when you said congratulations to him.

Calvin: Is that so? Ok. Well, I honestly thanked him for taking care of you.

Xiao Mei: Hmm… And?

Calvin: And… I also told him to clear the issue about both of you on what had happened in a coffee shop.

Xiao Mei: Finally. So there was no tension between you and him, right?

Calvin: Yes. It’s time to shoot for my MTV show’s new episode. Send me a phone message on what time I should pick you up, ok?

Xiao Mei: Ok. Sure. Thank you. See you later.

Calvin: I love you.

Xiao Mei: I love you too. Bye.

Calvin: Bye.