If you say LOVE one more time....

A/n:

So this is the first official chapter. Actually kinda nervous>needs work i know but i've been putting off uploading for awhile now-so its time-get some feedback and ill keep working on it. Thing is this book is pretty much done but im going through the whole thing again writing from other perspectives. But trust uploading wont be that long. The more you like obviously the faster i will post.

 Also I must also state, i have never been to Pheonix ( i really want to though) so ive been trying to do research to make this setting as believable as possible. So if i get anything wrong in that area_Sorry....

PLEASE BE WARNED: My book ideally is for Adults, language will be used and as well as there is Sexual Content (not in this Chapter). I have thought about making a diluted version and then make a restricted chapters-but im just not so sure yet-i feel it might really dilute the book on a whole. Any opinions of how i should handle that? 

So i hope you like the first chapter.......till next time

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pic of Ella>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yolie X 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Lost in the desert with the feel of the cool Arizona breeze blowing in my hair; perfect for cooling down a long and hot day in the office with a shitty boss that rides your ass all day long like you’re the prize bull at the Rodeo….

“ Snap out of Rach!”

“ What?”

“I said, ‘Snap out of it’. You were doing that spaced out thing again-I really hate it when you do that shit. I’m sitting over here pouring out my drama and your sitting over there in dreamland.”

“I’m sorry Ella, please continue with your ‘baby mama’ drama,” I forced out trying not to seem too bored or just simply annoyed.

Ella Rodriguez, or LaLa to me,  met during my Au Pair days in Germany, known for her captivating green and hazel eyes and a figure that can make men dribble saliva. She has owned the position my best friend for years now but sometimes she makes me wanna just slap her. Three years ago she decides to take up this no-good streggie ( as we would say in Jamaica)  with not one, but two baby-mamas. She tells me its love, but three years later everyday I have to sit through an one hour car ride listening to her ramble about ’he-said, she-said’ bullshit.

“So then he turns to me and says ‘She’s my baby-mamma-I gotta go’. Two-o clock in the morning he ass left me in bed, to go that trailer trash hussy-and worse of all that baby ain’t his but his broke ass wont listen to me.”

“ Ugghh…Ella, why are you doing this to yourself? You’re beautiful and intelligent, you got an ass on you that can make any man do your bidding-why the hell are you sitting at home with someone called ‘Ry-Dawg’. And if you say LOVE one more time Im gonna scream.”

“Rach, first of all his name is Ryan.  Second of all, I know you can’t understand but when you just love someone, you just do-you cant control it” her words stung, but I stood strong and made my point.

“Pluuhh..eeasse, that’s bullshit and you know it. Five years ago, is this where you wanted to be now-huh? Tell me honestly, you have everything to have a great life for yourself and your with a  man your embarrassed to even walk in the fucking Supermarket with. I don’t need experience with Love to know the difference when someone’s life is bullshit or not.”

I hated hurting her like that, I could see my words stung, but that gave me hope-signs that this Love she has with Ry-Dawg or Ryan is dying and she’s beginning to see things my way; well not my way, just to see things the way they are. The rest of the trip was a silent one, Ella kept on driving and I closed my eyes, began to once again enjoy the soothing breeze and thought about how true her words were and the little experience I have had with love.  

As she pulled into my driveway, I looked over and my sister from another mother, and yes another father too. 

“I’m sorry it was a rough day in the office- I am happy as long as you are. Okay?”

“Water under the bridge girl. I know Ryan isn’t perfect-but the sex if fantastic!” 

“See that’s just too much right there-I’ll call you tomorrow so we can decided how to spend the day doing nothing.” I said as I turned towards my door. 

Phoenix, Arizona--how did I end up here. Well I guess the simple answer to that is-it was warm. Jamaican born and lived for most of my life I needed somewhere with warmth. Not that it does get cold here but I like the change-the weather here allows me to explore my love for boots and jackets, and then just when I get tired of that I can slip in to my jeans shorts and camisole tops. 

 So, Sun City Grand was were I settled, a great neighbourhood, peaceful, quaint and lots of families. I managed to find the perfect three bedroom with a panoramic view of the desert, which I personally decorated-minimalist but homey with light and cool tones throughout every room. No pets--my lonesome hasn’t gotten that far yet-but some days I do believe I’m one day away from that. 

As a place my keys on my desk I noticed I had two unread messages-usually I’d check my messages right away but this evening I was finished with work- although it just wasn’t finished with me. As began to walk away, my home line rings, caller-id MICHAEL. 

“Ms Berg, its Michael. I’m so sorry to call you at home.”

“Its no problem Michael, what’s going on?”

And truly it was no problem, I have no love-life- no pets to fill my void-and my dating life has been non-existent since I left Columbia University. And even as much as I hate the life my LaLa has chosen for herself, sadly it is the only excitement my life sees these days, and to top it off a sex-life dominated by batteries.