Chapter 27-The Shocking News

The next day, we woke up to find all our friends and families waiting for us downstairs with Simon, who told them the good news. I was wearing the pin Michael gave me, and as soon as I saw him, I ran and gave him a big hug.

“I missed you, I thought I would never see you again!” he said, with tears of joy in his eyes. “Aw Mikey, I told you I wouldn’t let you down.” I gave him the pin that was his in the first place and told him it’d keep him safe. “Where’s mom?” I asked him and then he looked down. “She’s gone.” He said in his soft little voice. My brother looked really upset, and then when I looked up I saw Yazz, my best friend. She was standing beside a tall blonde girl, with blue eyes. I took Michael’s hands and I walked towards them.

“Hi.” I said, smiling. “Hi Harry, I thought I’d bring your girlfriend with me.” Is all she said, looking quite hurt. “My girlfriend? But I don’t have one?” I said looking at the girl beside her.  The tall girl was blushing and she was walking away. Yazz held her arm to stop her. “Lily you told me you were dating Hazza!” she said, looking at the girl that I had no clue who it was. “No I didn’t!” she said back. She ran away and I stood there, confused of what exactly was going on.

“What’s her name and who is she? Can someone tell me everything that I missed?” She looked right into my eyes and said, “Lily Halpern.” 

After having to explain to her that I didn’t know who she was or what she was trying to tell me, Yazz looked much better. “Do you know where my mom is?” I whispered to her, avoiding making my little brother hear, as he was already upset. “Dead.” She said, but she didn’t realize it wasn’t in a low voice.

Michael was on the floor sobbing; I got down to him and held him in my arms, assuring him everything would be okay.  

Even if I had no idea what happened, I didn’t ask any questions, just to make sure Michael was okay. I was thinking of all the great times I had and bringing back the happy times in my head, just to avoid crying. My little brother was still crying on my shoulders and I told him it was going to be fine.

Even if he was not a two or three year old, I knew it was hard, because even for me it was hard to know that I had now lost both my mother and father.

Louis introduced me to his family. He had four sisters and his mother gave my little brother a cupcake. “Thanks Jay.” I said smiling, because I was glad to see Michael smiling again as he left to play with the girls, Daisy and Phoebe.

“What’s wrong Harry?” he asked me, seeing in my eyes that I was trying to stay strong. “It’s my mom, I don’t know what happened to her, but all I know is that she’s gone, forever.”

He gave me a big hug telling me it was going to be fine. Louis was very supportive, and all the lads came in for a group hug afterwards.

I was walking around, talking to the boys’ families and friends, and then I saw a man who looked familiar. “Hello Styles” he said, patting me on the shoulder. He looked familiar, even though I had no idea who it was.

“Which district are you from?” I asked him and he told me he came from the same place as Louis.  We talked for about ten minutes then I turned around to leave. “Harry, wait up.” I heard him say then I immediately turned around. “Yes sir?”

He smiled and walked more towards me. “I know this may seem really weird to you and all and I don’t exactly know how to tell you this, but I’m your father.” I stood there, frozen and in shock, thinking about what I just heard. “Dad? What?” I said with a puzzled expression on my face.

I felt Michael’s little hands grabbing my hands, as I still stood there looking at the man. “I heard what happened, so I was asked to come back to take care of you and Michael.”

“Come on Hazza, let’s go. Hold on to my jands and let’s go play!” he was telling me.

The man who said was apparently my father gave me a signal and told me to go. I left with Michael, my mind still thinking about everything that happened to me.

The rest of the day seemed to have passed by really fast and I still didn’t get a chance to talk to him again. My little brother was trying to spend as much time with me as he could because I figured he missed me so much.