Chapter 6-Surprise

Later that night after dinner, the four other boys and I were walking around to get to know the place more and where we will be training. “Hi, I’m Morgan and this is Monique. What are you guys doing?” We smiled and Louis told them they could join us. We walked a bit more then when I turned around I saw Caroline. “What are you doing here? Have you been following me? You know you’re really starting to scare me now…” Everyone was looking at me now. “Guys, I’m just trying to help you. Look at you now, all happy and smiling. But did you forget that a week from now only one of you will survive? You’re not supposed to be friends. You’re going to end up killing each other anyway. Louis I figured what your plan was. Harry was the first one you talked to when you came here. You’re after him first, aren’t you? I don’t know about you guys, but Harry will not be hanging with you for the rest of the week alright. On the day he claims his victory, you will understand what I mean.” I was looking at her and felt like slapping her. “I’m not a kid alright. I can do what I want. You know what, you may be my co-mentor, but I don’t want you to train me. I will train alone. Don’t tell me what to do. Stop it. Who says I’m going to win for sure too? Stop it, like ever since the first day you’ve been so weird. I can’t take it anymore!” I shouted. As I turned around to go back to my room, Louis held my wrist. “Harry. It’s alright. I’m here. You can talk to me, okay?” Caroline didn’t say a word. “Alright Harry. I’m sorry okay. It’s just…I don’t want to lose you. I kind of think that I am in love with you.”

Monique and Morgan were dying. “Excuse me? I don’t even know you that well. I’m 16 and you’re like what….? A lady.” Mikaela and a group of girls were walking by and they all stopped to see what was going on. “I’m 30, but what does it matter? Age is just a number. What I’m not allowed to be in love with anyone I want to?” Kailah came to me and gave me a hug. “Isn’t it a bit weird everything that’s going on right now?” She whispered and I told her I didn’t even know what was happening anymore. After what Caroline had said, nobody said a word. I, also was speechless. She just turned around and casually walked away like nothing happened. Halfway to wherever she was going, she turned back and said, “Let’s forget everything alright, can we try one more time? I mean I’m your co-mentor and I have no choice but to stay here for the next three weeks and we can’t keep this distance alright.” I watched her walk away then I turned to the group, which had gotten bigger. “Well this is awkward.” “Let’s just say it never happened. Nothing did. Alright. Just think of it that way.” Said Monique.