Chapter 11-Putting everything into the games

I heard a very loud noise that made me get up fast. I wondered what it was then I remembered how today was probably the last day before I die. At least, the last day before I enter the death zone I mean. Not exactly, I have a few hours until the games start. I took a long shower, where I was able to think about everything and just re-evaluate my life. Then, after breakfast, Kailah and I went to talk to Matt, who gave us our outfits for the games. There was only about 15 minutes left for us to prepare ourselves before Paul, Simon and Alan’s speech. 

"Harry, are you ready for this?" I was shaking. "I don't know Kailah, I'm scared of dying, you know? There are loads of people I'm going to miss..." She said the same and we went to listen to the speech.

"Hello all tributes. We're glad to announce that today's the day you've all been waiting for." said Simon. "I'm pretty sure they weren't looking forward to the day they have to fight between life and death." said Alan. Everyone started laughing and Alan Carr was doing silly faces. I was glad he was there because he always had something to say that'd cheer us up and make us less stressed. "Anyways, the past couple of days you've been here, I realized you have made some great friends here. You also have had a great experience." said Paul. Then Alan said, "I hope." Again the tributes were all laughing. 

"Today is the day that I recommend you all to do whatever you want. It's your last day to be free and to be able to tell everyone how you feel about them, etc...We know the games cause many tributes to die. As you all know, in the end, there'll be only one left. Please know that some deaths may be natural. Every time you're out there and you hear a loud noise, it means one of you died." said Paul. "A sound like BOOOOM!" said Alan. Simon continued for them, "We wish you all the very best and may the odds be ever in your favor. Prepare yourselves, we will start after everyone gets a needle." The whole crowd of tributes gasped and were shocked. "Nothing to worry about, it's just a tracker!" said Alan, calming all of us down. 

As I was leaving to go get my shot, Louis, Zayn, Liam and Niall called me over. "What is it?" I said. "Don't get the tracker!" they all said. "But why? We have to, how are they going to know where we are?" I said, confused. "That's the point." said Niall. They didn't say more. Zayn's mentor, Sunny, passed by and said, "You guys got your tracker?" We all said yes and she said good.

We all wished each other good luck and said that we're going to stay in this together. We hugged and left to go to our district. "By the way, what happens and happened between us, stays between us." said Liam, who had just told us he has one kidney. We told each other one thing that we didn't know about each other. The boys laughed when I told them I have four nipples, but I ended up laughing too.

"Oh Harry where've you been? I was looking for you like mad. Come on, the games are about to start." said Kailah. Caroline called me and Kailah over. She gave me a jumper to put on. I put my pin under it. Kailah and I talked to each other one last time before leaving. 

"Harry...I wish nothing but the best for you." she said, taking a deep breath. "You too babe. It was great spending this much time with you." She came forward to kiss me. Afterwards, Caroline came, "Save it for after the games, you lovebirds." There was a long awkward silence, "Sorry there, I don't know..." I stopped her and told her it was fine. 

"Get in." said Matt. "Goodbye mate, thanks for being a good mentor. You just stay here and have fun with the oldies." He laughed and I got in the tube.

Minutes later, I was standing in the field with all the other tributes. I looked around and saw trees and the woods around. This is it, I said to myself. The time has come, I said again. My thoughts were disturbed, when I heard and saw the countdown. I looked at Louis, who was looking at me, and then I looked at the rest of the boys. They all shook their heads, when it hit one. I saw Louis and Liam running to a tree near the entrance of the forest. Niall was running without looking back. "Ahhhhhhh my face! Get off you stupid Parsons!" screamed Zayn. "Zayn! I got you, over here!" It was insane, people were all over each other and was screaming and trying to kill or hurt each other.