Chapter 15-Life vs. Death

We stayed in our little cave for long hours. It seemed that time would pass by even slower and days were longer. It’s been only about 45 hours, all we did was eat, sleep, talk, dance, sing and play games we made up. We were also starting to write our own songs. Our food was starting to run out, but luckily we were all full.

“Do you think Peeta is dead?” asked Niall. Zayn and I told him that we don’t think so, maybe just hurt after Nialler had jumped on him. We had no idea where he was though.

“Let’s go out there, we can’t stay here forever. We need to get to end, finish line.” Said Louis, but we all turned to look at him, “You know only the last one standing wins.” Said Zayn. “Maybe Peeta already went and he’s already won, I mean we’ve been inside here for almost two days now.”

We thought I'd be best if we went outside for a bit, beside we were getting bored and we decided we needed a new shelter, or if Peeta was already dead, then end the game.

Louis and Zayn went outside first, after making sure everything was clear. Then Liam and Niall waited for me outside too. After getting everything and making sure we didn't forget anything, I got out and we all carried our things. We put them on the tree up high and only carried a backpack with us, along with the most important things inside. 

It was a long walk, we saw dead tributes all over. From far, Niall realized there were cameras on some trees. "We best split up, or they'll know our secret." And so we did, so that they wouldn't know that all this time we've been hanging out and helping each other with everything. We had technically broken most rules. 

Avoiding the camera, we had a group hug before leaving. "You all be careful out there and we'll see each other afterwards. Stay safe, we never know what to expect out there." said Liam and we turned and walked in different directions, not looking back. 

I was walking then I noticed Kailah was on the floor, right in front of me. I kissed her, "Sorry. I won't let you down babe I promise." I said, with tears streaming down my face. I got up, went to look for some flowers, instead of proceeding with the games. When I got back I put them on Kailah, then after another kiss I left her behind. 

It was a very long walk, I had no idea where I was going, but I kept walking anyway. It was getting dark and cold. I climbed on the nearest tree, then took a rope and attached myself to the tree. I slept on the tree that night and I woke up two days later.

I remembered our signal, the boys and I had. I tried whistling, but no answer. Worried, I untied myself, climbed down and started running, looking everywhere for the boys. 

When I reached almost the end of the forest, I tried whistling again. Nothing happened.

Minutes later, I was still standing in the middle of nowhere. "Harry!" I heard a voice screaming, then I heard someone echoing my name. 

"Who's there? And who's echoing my name." I shouted back. "It's Zayn!" he shouted. I saw Louis running towards me. "Harry I'm glad you're fine." he gave me a kiss on the neck, which was a lovebite. "Lou! I missed you." I said hugging him, not letting go. 

Louis and I were walking together now, looking for the other boys. "Zayn? I know you were echoing me, come out and help us!" we screamed. We heard footsteps and when we turned around, we saw Peeta. 

"You're not dead...? How?" I said, surprised. "Neil didn't kill me, he just jumped on me, I was only hurt. You boys disappeared for a few days, which gave me some time to heal. You are so stupid." he said, followed by a little evil laugh. 

"It's Niall, not Neil." we both said. "I don't care, he's already dead anyway. I got him. There are only you boys left who are alive." I started crying and screaming, "No! It's impossible; they didn't put the sound when someone dies. You're lying." said Boobear.

Louis and I ran, trying to get out of Peeta's sight. "Louis, over here!" I said, climbing the highest tree I saw. I sat on the tree, after tying the rope, I helped Lou up too. He tied himself and we looked around, wondering if Peeta would find us.

"Ouch!" said Louis, in a loud voice. "Ssshh, he's going to find us." I said, whispering. "Right." he said, "Sorry."