Chapter 7-The Pin

The next morning when I woke up, Matt told me to get ready. “What’s today?” I asked. “There’s 5 days to go before the games start. You really need to start training okay? No more fooling around with the lads and the girls. Keep it for later.” “See you in a bit, I need to get ready and stuff.” I told him. “Alright, but everyone should be down in exactly 25 minutes for breakfast, don’t be late. It’ll make a bad impression.” He left the room and I immediately got up before I fall asleep again. After 15 minutes time, I was ready to go down. I had a green outfit on. When I got down, I was surprised to see Niall wearing the exact same thing. “Hey mate, we’re matching.” He was sitting at the table already and staring at the food. “5 more minutes till we get to eat, can’t wait, yeah I’m starving. But hi there, how did you know I’d be wearing the same thing?” “I didn’t.” I said laughing. Eventually, more people were coming at the huge table and gathered for breakfast. There was a table for all the tributes and a separate one for the mentors, etc… “Hi, anyone sitting here?” Said a girl with green eyes and light brown hair. “Nope, you may sit.” She smiled and everyone else started eating. I tried talking to Niall, who was sitting beside me, but it was awkward because it’s like he didn’t hear me because he was too concentrated on his food, so I just pretended that I didn’t say anything.

After breakfast, everyone went with their District. I was not looking forward to see how it’d go with Caroline though. I still felt as if it happened just an hour ago and I didn’t feel like myself. “Harry, wanna train with me?” asked Kailah. “Yeah, no mentors of ours are going to be there, right babe?” She nodded and we went to the training room. Each District had one, and they all looked different depending on which one you came from. “How are you liking it here? Nervous for the games to start?” I said, trying to kill the awkward silence. “Not really, I’m just really scared to die. I just have a bit of hope though. I miss home.” I tried to smile, “We all do.” 

We tried to train as hard as we could. It was harder than we expected. Right when we were heading back to relax, after three hours straight, Kailah told me to come to her room. “Wait at the door, alright?” I watched her go and she sat on her bed and took something that was on her nightstand. “This is for you.” She put it in my hands and I opened it. It was wrapped and had a little letter attached to it. “Dear Harry, for you. Stay safe. Much love, Michael. Xx” I couldn’t believe it, it was the pin I had given him. “So where did you get it from?” “He told me to give it to you, said it was important that you had it before the games started. What is it anyway?” I smiled and put the pin on me. “It’s a mocking jay. I had given it to him on the day he got chosen, I told him it was to protect himself.” She gave me a hug and told me I was sweet. “I never met anyone like you.” Was the last thing she said before I left to go to my room.