Chapter 21- The interview

All five of us walked on stage at around 7:10 and the interview started 7:15 pm. “We’re running a bit late, but that’s alright.” Said Alan.   “How are you boys doing?” he said, as we sat down and the crowd was clapping. “Great, thank you.” We said.  

Simon Cowell was sitting next to Alan and so was Paul. We were getting interviewed by all three of them. I thought it was pretty weird, because they were super nice, and ever since we got here they’ve seen us together and given us many chances.

The games lasted a while, how did it feel sleeping outdoors for so long?” was the first thing Simon asked. “It wasn’t that bad, I mean after a while you start getting used to it. I could honestly just sleep everywhere. Every once in a while, I’d just sleep wherever I had the chance to. I love sleeping. So I don’t really mind.” Said Niall.

“For me, I found it quite disgusting, knowing that I had to sleep face up the whole time, I don’t like my face touching the floor or anything dirty.” Zayn replied. As for Louis and Liam, they both said “it was a good experience”, I thought it wasn’t that comfortable, and it was also creepy, because I didn’t know what to really expect.

“Did you know you’ve been watched on ever since you got there?” said Paul, “I was paulways watching.” We laughed at how he used his name in the word, when he meant always. We told him we knew and that it didn’t really matter, it was just a question of safety, I guess. Liam was the smart one, who just said, “then how did you not notice that we didn’t die? Remember the announcement..” There was a long silence, then he said he was joking.   “Harry, heard you went down Madison avenue.” Said Alan. “There was no Madison..” I replied, blushing. “That Kailah girl, her middle name is Madison. How did you like it there?” We all started laughing. “Anyways when you were gone, people seemed to have missed you. We all watched you and then I heard a girl screaming in the crowd, “Harry, Harry give me some of your gravy!” said Alan, and this time everyone burst out laughing. I spotted Caroline sitting in the second row and she looking at the floor, blushing.

It was getting more awkward every time now, I didn’t even know anymore.

“How come you didn’t die or didn’t kill each other in the end?” asked Simon. Liam responded for all of us, “We kind of just took care of each other. Ever since we got here, I guess we’ve broken the rules. We’ve been friends since training week and I guess it got pretty tight; it was really hard to think otherwise, so we decided to stick and help each other out instead. In the end, we realized it was a bad idea, even if sometimes in those week we’d split to go look for food, etc…But we’ve been like brothers now so I guess that’s why we couldn’t and we can’t really think of having one of us missing, it’s like we’re missing one part of us.” He said.

Zayn took the microphone from him, saying “Yeah, it’s true. I mean, I’ve always wanted a brother before and now I got four. There were times when we thought one of us were dead, because we’d be hurt and we’d be on the floor then if one of us found each other, we’d start screaming, thinking we died. It was pretty sad, but then when they were healed, we’d be better and we’d stick together, making sure nobody gets hurt.”

Niall was the next to talk, “I think we’ve became the best mates and I don’t understand why this needs to happen, I mean like the games..I realized that making friends with these boys have been an amazing decision and I would’ve regret it if I didn’t. They’re so amazing. I don’t see why we need to kill each other; I don’t see why anyone needs to fight with each other, why can’t we just live in peace?” The crowd went wild, after Nialler said that. “Well aren’t you cute?” said Simon.  

"Harry, got anything you want to say?" said Paul, while I was staring at Caroline. "Oh, um I just wanna say I found the best mates. I mean I never had such great friends like these four boys before. My little brother Michael, my best friend and my mom was all I had after my dad left. I didn't know that they were so talented too, they're just like me and I love my four brothers. Tomorrow we will be separated but I'll never forget them." 

Louis gave me a little pat on the back and all the boys were smiling. "What do you mean talented?" asked Alan, raising a brow. 

"Well, I mean we've chilled together so much and we started writing songs, singing it, inventing new dance moves, etc because we'd stay in the shelter we found for days until we were starting to run out of food." I said, not trying to look at the massive crowd, since it made me nervous.

"You wrote songs? Do you guys wanna do a little show for us..? I mean you memorized the lyrics I'm guessing since there was no paper in the woods?" said Alan, making funny faces. "Um..." I said looking at the boys. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, I thought to myself. 

They looked at me, then back at the crowd. "Let's do this poo." said Niall. "Have you gone out of your mind?" Liam said. "Trust me on this." he replied and Louis also thought it was a good idea. 

"Alright then, just one song though." said Louis looking at Simon. "Okay, great." 

Alan and Simon sat down, looking at us. There were thousands of people looking. Wow, I never done this before, I said to myself. 

Liam gave us different places to stand. He was standing in the middle, since he's the first one to sing. After taking a deep breath, he moved forward slowly and started, but we all sang afterwards.

(http://soundcloud.com/katiej565/one-direction-chasing-cars)

Thought I saw a girl brought to life

She was warm, she came around, she was dignified

Showed me what it was to cry

You couldn't be that girl I adore

You don't seem to know or seem to care what your heart is for

But I don't know her anymore

There's nothing left I used to cry

My conversation has run dry

That's what's going on, nothing's fine I'm torn

I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel

I'm cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor

Illusion never changed into something real

I'm wide awake, I can see the perfect sky is torn

You're a little late and I'm already torn

I'm already torn

There's nothing left I used to cry

Inspiration has run dry

That's what's going on, nothing's fine I'm torn

Torn, torn, I'm torn, Nothing’s  fine I'm torn

I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel

I'm cold and I am shamed lying broken on the floor

Illusion never changed into something real

I'm wide awake, I can see the perfect sky is torn

You're a little late and I'm already torn

I'm already, I'm already torn, torn, oh torn...

When we finished, we all let out a deep breath and looked at each other. We had a group hug, as we got a standing ovation from the crowd and Alan, Simon and Paul.

Wow, this is unreal; I mean we’re just five normal boys. We don’t deserve all this; we were just bored at the games, which are how we got to that song.” I was thinking.

Paul made us sit down and the interview which was supposed to be only half an hour ended up being an hour long.

“That is amazing talent you boys have.” Said Simon. “Thanks.” We said smiling and looking at each other. “I really think that you guys are so inspirational. Your friendship really taught me that like Niall said, there’s no point to the hunger games. Peace is what we were missing. I think you boys really brought that back, after all these years.” Said Paul. “You boys are like what? Between 16 and 18? I mean it’s crazy. Maybe everyone watching should just try and be like you. We shouldn’t fight like this, we’re all equal. I think you boys deserve an award for this. I mean, it’s amazing.” Said Alan. Simon Cowell took the microphone from him and said, “This is only the beginning for these boys.” He was looking at the crowd, who was clapping.