Chapter 16-The return of Peeta Mallark

We stayed on the tree for hours. We were worried Peeta would get the other boys. After all this time, we never saw him pass by us. Louis and I took turns to sleep. Whenever he would, I'd watch out for any of the boys or Peeta. It was not too comfy sleeping on a tree. Louis and I were both on a branch, which was thick and solid enough for us. 

I saw Peeta pass by and he looked up. My eyes opened wide. I woke up Louis showing him. Peeta got a few rocks and started throwing at us. 

"Stop trying, you won't get us. You're going to have to wait until we get down." I said. He looked at me, then settled down on the floor, near our tree. He took his bag and took out something that he made a pillow with. 

"Alright, I'll just wait here. No matter how long it takes, because the other boys have found a very good shelter, I can't find them." he said, just sitting there and looking right up. "I'm not gonna sleep." said Louis, whispering in my ear. "I know, me neither." I said back. "Harry, I'm scared now." he said.
I told him it'd be okay, and I promised it'd take care of him.

Hours passed and as it was getting dark, Peeta started getting in the position to sleep. Louis and I were holding hands to stay safer, even if we were higher and Peeta was on the floor. Louis and I looked at the stars together. "Harry look!" he whispered. "What is it BooBear?" He pointed to the bee hive, which was at the top, not too far where we were laying down. "You genius!" I said, after looking down at Peeta and noticing that he was sleeping right under it.

"Right Harry get down, I'll go up there and cut it. Just make sure you're far away from it. Go on get down and run." he whispered. "But Lou, what about you?" I said that it could be very dangerous. "Don't you worry, go on please. I'm older anyway. Go on, I'll be fine. Wait for me down there, I'll catch up."

I slowly got on the floor again, it felt great, but my legs were quite sore from staying crossed. I took mine and Lou's bag, looked up, then slowly started walking away, trying to avoid letting Peeta hear me and wake up. He was sleeping like a baby. 

I peeked from behind a tree then I realized Lou was still trying to cut the branch. He almost got it. Some bees had stung him on the arm and he looked in pain. "Come on!" I said, not too loud. 

It didn't matter how loud I was screaming, because now the bees were attacking Peeta. 

Before he woke up, Louis was already on the floor and he was running towards me. All the bees were on Peeta and Louis just got stung, but none was following him. 

Peeta woke up, screaming and trying to get up and running away. We were lucky he wasn't running in our way though. Louis and I ran for a long time, then stopped. 

"Great job." I said. "I killed him." he said, feeling a bit bad. "He isn't dead." I said. Louis was scratching his arms. "Don't Louis, it'll hurt more." 

"Harry I think I'm hallucinating I don't know what's happening to me, maybe I'm going to die.." He said, looking very weak. I reached in my bag and got the cream that had healed the other boys before. 

"It's going to be okay, I promise. I won't let anything happen. I'll stay by your side, always. I love you Lou." I said, putting cream all over his arms and he was putting some on his face. "Ahh it kills! What's that anyway?" he said, looking like he was in a lot of pain. "Don't worry, it'll make you better."