Chapter 47

Natalie's POV

"Mom?"

"Yes, it's me. I finally have access to a phone!" She says.

"And what makes you think I want to talk to you."

"Because I'm your mother. I'm at a rehab facility now. You can come visit!" She sounds excited.

"Mom, you've always been amazing, but once you dated that jerk that abused me and Juliet-"

She cut me off.

"Oh Juliet, how's she doing?"

"Fine. A lot better without you."

I always loved my mom, but I never thought she would stay with someone who would make her steal and do drugs. Especially since he hit her, Juliet, and me. That's something I'll never forgive her for.

"That was rude."

"Whatever mom. I'm done talking to you."

I hang up the phone. I lay down on my bed and start crying.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Ross says sitting on my be pulling me into his chest.

"My mom called me. She wants to see me." I cry.

"Do you want to see her?"

"No. I don't even want to look at her after everything that's happened." I cry harder just thinking about it.

"Shh. It's going to be okay. I promise."

I must have fallen asleep, 'cause the next thing I know I'm waking up in Ross' arms and he's asleep too. I look at the clock and it's 3 am. I snuggle back into Ross and fall back to sleep.