Chapter 9

A/N Everything that happened with Riker/Rocky/Ellington/Rydel happened at the same time Ross and Natalie's "date" was going on.

Rydel's POV

This morning I heard Riker and Rocky leave, Ross is out with Nat, and Ryland went out with Katy. So I'm home alone. Perfect.

Me and Ellington have been seeing each-other the past week or so. No one knows and we want to keep it that way until we know that we will be together for a while and it won't ruin the band.

I heard someone walking around in the kitchen, it probably mom. I should tell her. I hate keeping this from her.

I walking into the kitchen and I was right.

"Hey mom, can I talk to you?" I ask nervously.

"Sure sweetie! What's up?"

"I've um." I began. "I've been going out with Ellington for a couple weeks." I said shyly.

"Oh. That's good! You guys make a cute couple. I just wouldn't say anything to your sibling, it could really hurt the band."

"Yeah I know. That's why we haven't told anyone. He's coming over later since no one's home, is that okay?"

"That's fine. I have to go to the store and I don't know when I'll be back. Have fun!"

I ran upstairs and showered and got ready. An hour later he was here.

"Hey! You look nice!" He said hugging me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

We sat down on the couch in the living room and watched movies. About half way through the second movie and he put his arm around me. I snuggled closer to him.

After we ate lunch, we watched another movie. I looked at him and he looked at me. We sat there staring at each-other for a minute when he leans in and kisses me. A couple seconds into the kiss, the front door opens.

"Ellington I'm going to kill you!" Riker screams walking towards the couch.

We both stand up and Riker pushes Ellington against a wall.

"She's my little sister! How could you kiss her?!" He screams in his face.

"Riker!" I yell. "Calm down!"

"Why?! It's not like you two are dating-" he let's go of Ellington. "You're not dating are you?"

"Yes, we are. We have been for a week." Ellington says walking to me.

"And he makes me happy Riker. Can't you just be happy?"

Ellington puts his arm around me.

"Yes. But if he hurts you I swear."

Ross and Natalie walk in.

"What's going on?" Ross said looking at me and Ellington.

"We're dating. And before you say how bad of an idea this is-"

"Bad idea? I think it's awesome!" Ross said.

"Rydel, can I talk to you?" Natalie asks me.

We go up to my room.

"What's up?" I ask her.

"Oh, nothing, I just thought we needed to give the guys some time to themselves" she says sitting next to me on my bed.

"So how are you and Ross?"

"I said yes today!"

"That's awesome!!"

Her phone rings. She's talking for a few minutes then hangs up.

"That was my mom. I have to go." She says hugging me goodbye.

She leaves and Ell comes into my room.

"Del, are you okay?"

"Yeah, how did everything go downstairs?"

"Crazy. Your brothers are really protective of you, you know that?"

"That's why I love them so much! You should probably go, it's getting late." I say hugging him.

"Okay talk to you tomorrow!" He says kissing me.

I get ready for bed and I hear the guys go in their rooms.

I lay in bed and text Natalie until I fall asleep.