Chapter 21

Natalie's POV

I landed in Cali and walked home. All I had with me was a bookbag of things that I needed, so it's not like I was carrying suitcases down the street.

I get to my house and my moms car is gone. She's probably at work. I walk in the front door and the house is a mess. There's garbage everywhere. All of a sudden I hear a scream coming from upstairs. It sounds like Juliet.

Drop my bookbag and run upstairs into her room. She's pinned up against her wall by some guy, that I'm assuming is Rob, and he's punching her in the face. Repeatedly.

"Stop hurting her!" I yell at him.

He let's go of her and she falls to the ground.

"Natalie! Don't yell at him! He'll hurt you too!" Juliet yells at me.

"Who are you?" Rob asks me.

"Natalie. Lindsey's older daughter." I answer rudely.

"This will be fun." He says with a hurtful tone to his voice.

He lifts his hand up to hit me but I grab it. He's a lot stronger than me, so I lose my grip fast.

He hits me and it's so hard, I fall into the hallway. He starts kicking and punching me. I finally stand up and try to walk away.

"You're not getting away this easy." He says.

He slaps me really hard across the face. I lose balance and fall. Then everything goes blank.