Chapter 22

Juliet's POV

Rob keeps hitting and kicking Nat. My face and ribs hurt really bad.

I try to get up, but fall again.

I hear a loud thud. It's came from the hallway.

Rob made Natalie fall down the stairs. She's not moving.

"Well. I've had my fun. Time to leave." Rob says walking downstairs and out the door.

It takes all my strength, but I run downstairs and grab Nat's phone. I call 911.

About 5 minutes later an ambulance comes. Mom was called, but I doubt she'll come.

The first person I think to call is Ross.

Ross' POV

The second to last show had just finished up.

I went into one of the dressing rooms and grabbed my phone. Natalie never called.

My phone starts to ring a couple minutes later. It's Natalie.

"Hey babe!" I say.

"Ross, it's Juliet." She sounds panicked.

"What's wrong? Is Natalie okay?" I say worried.

"No, she not okay. Moms new boyfriend beat her, hard. She fell down the stairs and isn't waking up. Ross, you need to get here as soon as possible." She says crying.

I can barely talk. I try to say "I'll be there soon," but I can't even talk through my tears.

I run to my mom and dad and tell them what happened.

Mom volunteered to go back to Cali with me.

We canceled the last show, but promised we would make it up.

Everyone else was driving back and me and mom went to the airport.

We get on the plane and a few hours later we're back home.

Mom drove me to the hospital. I haven't stopped crying since I got the call.

I ask the lady at the front desk where Natalie was. She directed me to the room and I see Juliet sitting outside her door crying.

"Juliet." I say hugging her. She flinches. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It okay. I'm glad your here" she says to me wiping away her tears.

"Have you been checked out?" I ask her.

Her face is all bruised and she's holding her ribs.

"Not yet. I didn't tell anyone that I was hurt." She says starting to cry again; "I wanted them to focus on Nat before they worried about me."

"You need to get looked at."

"I will." She says.

She's crying really hard. I can tell she's really scared.

"Ross, I'm really worried." She says running into my arms.

I try to comfort her as best I could. I pick her up bridal style since that's the only way that wouldn't hurt her, and took her to the front desk.

"She needs to get checked out. She said her ribs hurt. I think a couple may be broken" I tell the lady.

She gets a doctor and he checks her out. I had to leave the room since I'm not family.

I walk down the hall to Natalie's room. She's still unconscious. The doctor comes out of the room.

"You must be Ross. Juliet said you would be coming." The doctor says to me, "I'm Dr.Jones."

"How is she?"

"Her leg is broken and she has a concussion. She's also really bruised up. But nothing too serious. You can go see her now."

"Thanks you." I say to him.

"She's really lucky. Her injuries could have been a lot worse." He says walking away.

I want Juliet to be the first one to go see her, so I don't go in the room.

I walk back to Juliet's room and my mom is sitting with her. She's crying again.

"Juliet broke 2 ribs. Nothing else." Mom tells me.

"Oh. Natalie has a broken leg and a concussion. We can go see her." I say.

I help Juliet up and walk with her to Nat's room. We go in and Jul goes to the side of the bed.

She tells her everything that happened while she was gone. The she stops and turns to me.

"Ross? Can you call our grandma?" She asks handing me Nat's phone.

"Yeah. Do you want me to call your mom too?" I ask.

"No. She won't come." She starts to cry again; "I've seen her once since Natalie left. Rob got her doing drugs. She's either at work, or passed out. She wouldn't help anything."

"Everything's going to be okay." I tell her walking out of the room.

I call their grandma and introduce myself. Then I tell her what happened to the girls. She said she'll get here as soon as possible. She lives in Ohio, so she probably won't get here until morning.

I go in Natalie's room. Juliet fell asleep on the side of the bed when I was gone. I carefully picked her up and take her back to her room.

I run into my mom as I head back to Nat's room. She asks me if I need anything from the house. I say nothing and she goes home.

I lay on the couch that's in her room and fall asleep.