Tony Padilla (3)

Tony's POV

I looked at her, she looked so happy with him. I don't even want to take it away even if I wanted her to be mine. If I told her what I feel, will she feel the same way? But something inside me says she does.

Once her lover walked away, I took my chance and sat down next to her. "Hey Tony." She greeted at me with that same sweet smile. I smiled back and clutched my jacket tighter. "Here we are again with your leather jacket." She laughed and I grinned at her.

"Well, that's what I always wear, Y/N." I told her and she shrugged. I heard her sigh so I took a look at her. Her eyes were already burning in my head as our gazes met. I wanted to kiss her right there and then but I don't want her to get mad.

'Why does she have to be so perfect? That smile. God. That smile lights up the room.'

We just stared at each other for a couple of minutes right before her lover walks back here. He glared at me and I just rolled my eyes. "Tony, this is Y/LOVER'S/N." I turned my eye back at the guy again and nodded. "Do you want to go with us? To the park?" Y/N asked me with hopeful eyes and I nodded once again.

"As long as it's fine with lover boy, here." I muttered. "It's fine." He basically spat out but I didn't mind it because I want to spend time with Y/N.

Something about that boy seemed off. It's not that I don't care that she loves him nor I want to see her smile. It's just different. A whole lot different. I knew I can give her love, better. But does she feel the same?

They both went to the slides but I sat on the swings. I took the rose from inside my jacket that I've been clutching and looked at it. Still looks perfectly fine.

She walked along the path towards me and sat down. "Who's that for?" She questioned and I just stared at it, not even bothering to take it away. "For someone special." I said, Looking at her. 

I swear, I saw her face drop when I said that. Could she feel the same?

"Who's that special girl? She's so lucky." She said, staring out at the park filled with kids. "That's the thing. That special girl is..." I stopped for a moment to rethink this all through and felt a lump in my throat. "You." I stopped. She stopped also. We were both silent after that.

"I love you. I'm in love with the feeling of how it feels. Whenever I think of you, my mind goes wild. I always thought you knew. And the fact that you'll reject me because I can't take that. My heart can't take it. I'm sorry." I poured my heart out. That was the first time I poured my heart out to a girl.

I looked down at the rose and sighed. "I'm giving you this. Keep it if you feel the same. Throw it right now if you don't." I whispered, giving her the rose. She carefully examined it and she glanced at me.

My heart broke because she seemed like she was gonna throw it away but the thing is, she kept it.