Chapter Thirty-Six: Will and Emma

If I've ever said I had a favorite chapter before this- which I have, multiple times- I lied. I honestly don't think anything will top this in cuteness and it's my all-time favorite Kidnap My Heart chapter. I enjoyed writing it so much. Hope you guys will enjoy reading it. :')

***

Kidnap My Heart

Chapter 36: Will and Emma 

Will

My dad spent the next two days carefully observing Emma and me whenever we were within his line of sight. Needless to say, we spent a lot of our time upstairs, away from his scrutinizing eyes. He probably got the wrong idea about what we were doing up there. I knew it was my fault he saw me as some mindless sex-machine who wasn’t capable of having an actual relationship, but eventually he’d have to understand that things were different with Rage.

Being stuck upstairs for two days gave us a chance to talk endlessly. We made out and watched some movies, too, but talking overpowered both of those things, surprisingly. I learned more about Rage than I’d ever learned about any other girl in my life. The only people I knew better than her were my brother and my dad.

Her favorite movie was Titanic; that one I already knew. Her favorite foods were lasagna and cheesecake; again, two things I already knew. Her favorite book was The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things. (I didn’t think I even wanted to know.) The Notebook was the one movie that never failed to make her cry. (Something I was forced to witness. The movie wasn’t terrible, I guess, but her sniffling freaked me out. I mean, she was Rage, not Sniffles.) Her favorite band was The Script, and her favorite song was any “cute love song, basically.” Everything she told me fit the image I had of her so perfectly. The new image, not the old one. I hadn’t known her at all before. The old image I had of her was purely stereotypical, and it wasn’t her.

I glanced over at Emma from my spot on the floor. We’d decided to play some board games to pass the time and had for some reason camped out on the floor instead of the bed.

I could tell she was getting kind of tired of the board games, but I just needed to kill a little more time. My dad was leaving for the night, and I had a big night planned for Emma and me. We hadn’t talked about the fact that I’d said I loved her in front of her yet, and I had a feeling it was because she didn’t believe me. I wanted to do something to show her how involved I was and how much I wanted to make this work. I wanted to show her what I felt, and I had just the thing in mind. I just didn’t want my dad breathing down my neck when I did it.

“What’s your favorite sport?” I asked. I distractedly formed the word penis on the board we’d placed on the floor.

She snorted. Whether it was at my word or my question, I didn’t know. “I don’t do sports. Trust me; it’s not a pretty sight. But I do have a thing for soccer players.”

Yes. One more point in my favor. “I’ve been playing soccer for fifteen years.”

She narrowed her eyes. What the fuck? Why didn’t she believe me? Why would I lie about something like this? “What position?”

“Center forward,” I said smoothly.

“College soccer?” she asked, glancing down at her letter choices.

I nodded. “I’m not going pro or anything, but I decided to keep playing once I reached college. I just finished my last season last semester.”

“So you’re a senior. Did you have to drop out to do this whole kidnapping thing?”

I shook my head. “No, I took a leave of absence. So did Eric. Once all of this is over, we’ll go back and finish. I mean, we’ll graduate with a shit-load of loans to pay off, but at least we’ll graduate.”