Chapter Thirty-Five: Will and Emma

A/N: Thank you for all the support for this story! It means so much and I love seeing how emotionally invested/fangirly so many of you are. :') I think you guys will like this chapter, especially, for reasons which will become evident very soon. That's all I'm saying.... enjoy! 

***

Kidnap My Heart

Chapter 35: Will

I woke up to Emma’s groaning, and no, not the sensual kind. It was the frustrated kind. I probably had morning wood again, and since I was still holding her…

“Will, scoot over,” she groaned. “You’re jabbing me in the stomach.”

“Five more minutes,” I mumbled, unwilling to let her go just yet.

“Will, seriously, this is not okay. You’re awake and can move over now.”

“What happened to all of the nice things you were saying yesterday?” I asked without bothering to open my eyes or move an inch.

“Admitting my feelings for you does not correlate to being okay with this.”

I finally opened my eyes and gave her an amused look, although the grogginess that enveloped me might have overcome the amusement in my eyes. “Not yet.”

That comment landed me a spot on the floor. I shouldn’t have been surprised. I’d been pushing my limits since she got here.

“Hey, not yet could mean tomorrow or it could mean a year from now,” I said in my defense, sitting up from my new spot on the floor.

“You see yourself with me a year from now?” she asked. She sounded surprised.

I let out a nervous laugh that sounded more strangled than anything. “Well, yeah. Do you, uh, not want me to see myself with you a year from now?”

She was about to reply, but the slamming of the front door downstairs cut her off. Her cheeks lost their previous color. “I think your dad’s home.”

My face probably mirrored hers, I was thinking. “Shit. I need to get changed.”

“You need to get changed? I’m half exposed. Where did you put my clothes?”

I wouldn’t call count wearing a tank top and shorts—however short the shorts may have been—as being half exposed, but whatever. “They’re in the bottom drawer.”

She jumped up and rushed over, and we were both so busy trying to change in a matter of seconds that we didn’t even think to try to creep on each other.

I had just shoved my jeans on and was about to zip them up when my dad burst into the room shouting, “Where is she?”

He stopped abruptly when he saw me and then Emma. I buttoned my pants and glanced over at her to make sure she wasn’t actually being overexposed. I nearly sighed in relief. She’d finished changing into a pair of jeans. Thank God. I didn’t want anyone seeing her like that, especially not my dad.

My dad shook his head in disbelief. “I knew I shouldn’t have left you here with her. I leave for one day, and you take her upstairs to fuck her?”

The speed at which the anger coursed through my veins surprised me; my fists clenched at my sides. “Don’t. You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. Don’t say that in front of her.”

“Why? You don’t want to hurt the delicate little rich girl’s feelings? She’s not used to being treated like a piece of trash like the rest of us?”