Chapter Fifteen: Will

A/N: This has to be my favorite chapter yet. You'll see why when you read on!

***

Kidnap My Heart

Chapter 15: Will

I was in the bathroom, just doing my business, when I heard it: snoring. I heard snoring coming from the walls. At first, I thought it might be another ghost, but come on. That was just stupid. A snoring ghost? No, I was pretty sure I was just going insane. It wasn’t that surprising, I guess. I’d been under a lot of stress lately, and it was only a matter of time until I cracked.

I finished up my business at a speed that surprised even me, running from the room. There was something about that room that gave me the creeps. Bad things kept happening to me there, and I was starting to think it was no coincidence. That room was cursed.

When I ran into the living room, Eric and Taylor didn’t even look up. I swear the only thing those two ever did was watch TV. They took turns picking the channel. Taylor usually picked girly shit like Keeping Up with the Kardashians and reruns of The Hills, and Eric usually picked quality television like Futurama and South Park. I tended to sit down when Eric had the remote. Sniffles, not so much.

Sniffles had the remote and was watching some new show I didn’t recognize. I sat down, only intending to stay for about five minutes, probably less. I immediately got bored, but I had nothing better to do so I stayed, anyway.

We had some sub sandwiches for dinner a few hours later, and I made the mistake of drinking too much water with my food. I didn’t want to go back to that bathroom, but the urge to pee was all-consuming. Still, I tried to fight it, except my uncomfortable squirming wasn’t subtle in the slightest. Eventually, my brother caught on. “Do you have to go to the bathroom or what? You haven’t stopped moving for ten minutes now.”

“Me? What? No.”

“Then stop it. You move the whole damn couch every time you move.”

I muttered a reluctant apology, but my moving didn’t stop. I still had to go to the bathroom really, really bad, and I wasn’t sure how much longer I’d be able to hold it in.

“Will.” Eric muted the television and looked over at me. “Go to the bathroom.”

I hesitated. “I can’t.”

“Why not?”

I hesitated again. I knew why I didn’t want to go in there, but I knew Eric would just be an asshole about it if I told him. And yet, my mouth still ran like it had a mind of its own. “I hear things when I’m in that bathroom.”

This, Eric did not expect. He paused and then dumbly replied, “What?”

“Earlier today, I was taking a shit and I heard snoring coming from the walls.”

“Snoring? Coming from the walls?”

I nodded feverishly. “Swear to God.”

At first, he didn’t say anything. He just sat there with a blank expression, lost in thought. “I need to see this for myself,” he finally said.

He stood and Sniffles, of course, followed. He walked over to the bathroom and reluctantly, I followed. What did he need to see? Maybe I should have mentioned the fact that the snoring was a figment of my imagination.

When I walked into the bathroom, I immediately noticed the complete silence. “Why are you guys being so quiet?”

Eric put a finger to his lips. “Listen.”