Chapter Eight: Emma

A/N: Drumroll please.... now for a dramatic pause... and.... tada! Only seventeen months later, a new chapter of Kidnap My Heart. Better late than never, right? If you find yourself reading this and have no idea what's going on because it's been so long, I'd recommend skimming through chapter seven at least to refresh your memory. Anyways, enjoy! 

***

Kidnap My Heart

Chapter 8: Emma 

I didn’t stop screaming for a good thirty seconds. The only thing that made me stop at all was the grubby hand that flew over my mouth. I didn’t want either of their hands to come anywhere near me ever again, much less come near my face, so you see, the only choice I really had left was to bite the guy’s hand and bite it hard. The sooner they realized this wasn’t going to go their way, the smoother things would go. This was just the first of many vindictive acts they would have to deal with it until they let me go or until I escaped. I would make their lives miserable until they realized they were better off letting me go.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” he yelled, attempting to pry his hand out of my mouth and screaming when I made sure my teeth scraped him as he did so. His hand would soon match his battered face. “Let go of my hand!”

Instead of letting go, I bit down harder.

Eventually, with the help of his comrade in the driver’s seat, he managed to pry my jaw open and release his hand from my hold. I spit on the floor, momentarily shocked by the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. I guess I’d bitten him harder than I thought. He shook his hand out, staring down at it with a disturbed look on his face, and I couldn’t help but laugh. Laughing caused me to swallow a bit of the blood, which, in turn, made me start choking in my attempt to spit it back up.

“Better check her for rabies, Will,” his comrade said, trying to hide his amusement and miserably failing.

Oh, yeah. That was his name. William. William Knight. Even his name made him sound like a tool.

“There’s something seriously wrong with her,” Will said, frantically wiping his hand on his shirt. I hadn’t even noticed he’d put his clothes back on. “God, what were we thinking?” he added to himself, mumbling incoherently under his breath.

“You know an easy solution to this situation?” I asked. I didn’t care if he hadn’t been talking to me. If I had input to give, I’d give it. “Really, it’s so simple, I’m surprised even you haven’t figured it out yet.”

He looked at me warily. “What?”

“Let us go now. We won’t press charges, and your injuries might actually get a chance to heal. We just want to go home. That’s all. It’s a win-win situation, really.” I hoped he couldn’t tell that I was lying through my teeth. There was no way I wouldn’t press charges. These bastards needed to rot in prison.

All my proposition did was make him laugh. “Are you kidding?” he asked. “I wouldn’t let you go for all the money in the world. You made sure of that the second you swung at me with those handcuffs. I’m going to make your life a living hell. Just you wait. You haven’t seen anything yet.”

I looked him right in the eye and said, “Neither have you.”  

“If you two are done measuring dicks, can we go inside now?” the other guy asked, opening his door as he spoke.

“Why the rush?” I asked. “Afraid someone will realize you’ve kidnapped two innocent girls and call the police on you?”

“Look around. There’s no one here but us. You won’t find another person for a hundred miles. Why do you think we brought you here?”