Chapter Twenty: Emma

A/N: If you guys felt bad for Will last chapter, I'm thinking you just might change your mind and realize Emma's got it worse when you read this. Oh, and I lied earlier. This is my favorite chapter hahahaha. :'D

***

Kidnap My Heart

Chapter 20: Emma

At some point that night, my snoring actually woke me up. Taylor had complained about my snoring before, but I'd never really noticed. My snoring had certainly never been loud enough to shake me out of a deep sleep.

I woke up with a start, my leg kicking outwards instantly.

"Ow," a deep, smooth voice complained. Was I still sleeping? Was I dreaming? Whoever I'd just kicked had a nice voice.

I slowly opened one eye, squinting in the light. Why was there light? It was the middle of the night. Except it wasn't, I later realized. It was morning. It only felt like the middle of the night because Will and I had made the fantastic decision to go to sleep at seven in the morning.

I was still a little foggy, but I'd regained enough of my senses to realize the voice belonged to Will and its source was far too close for comfort. I rolled over and came face to face with Will. His face was two inches away from mine at most. His eyes widened a bit at our closeness. Yeah, he was definitely way too close for comfort, but I was too lazy to roll back over, and in my state of haziness, I decided his face was a nice thing to look at and I didn't really want to roll back over, anyway.

"Why are you in my bed?" I asked, stifling a yawn with my hand. My hand hit warm skin on the way up to my mouth—Will's.

Instead of answering my question, he asked a question of his own. "Why the fuck do you snore so loud?"

I shrugged, my eyes closing again. His face was a nice sight, but sleep seemed like the better option. I rolled onto my back to get in a more comfortable position. It didn't take me very long to fall back asleep after that, and I was guessing it didn't take me very long to start snoring again, either. I heard Will say, "Godammit," while I was teetering between light and deep sleep.

My snoring woke me up once again at some point. I still felt exhausted, so it couldn't have been too long since I'd fallen asleep again. I felt dead. Zombie-like.

This time, my leg didn't kick out when I awoke, and I didn't hear Will cry out. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes, straining to see in the bright light. It took me a good minute, but eventually I realized why my leg didn't kick out or twitch, even: it couldn't. It was trapped. I was trapped. Why was I trapped?

Once my eyes adjusted to the light, I let them fully open and glanced down. It wasn't hard to imagine why I was trapped, but I didn't want to look down and witness my reality before I was mostly awake. Will had his arms wrapped tightly around me, and I could feel his body pressed against the back of mine. His body heat spread to my body, warming me in ways a comforter couldn't. I felt like I was on fire, like every single cell in my body had spontaneously combusted in a few short hours. It was a good thing, I guess, because he was taking up most of the comforter. Except this wasn't okay at all, actually. No, it wasn't okay at all. What was I thinking? I was going to kill him.

It took another few seconds for it to dawn on me that his body wasn't the only thing that was pressed against me.

Oh, my God.

My face twisted into a horrified grimace, and I tried to squirm out of his grip but it was no use. He wouldn't let go. In fact, he did quite the opposite: he just started holding me tighter, settling his head into the crook of my neck. My hair wasn't even in the way; most of it was underneath the shoulder I was laying on. It was head-on-neck action. I wanted to die.