Chapter Fourteen: Emma and Will

A/N: You guys are absolutely the best fans ever. I love reading your comments and hearing what you have to say. Your comments and votes make my day, even when it's -13 degrees outside and I'm curled up in bed because I don't want to leave my cave/room. I love you guys! 

Anyhoo, enjoy! =)

***

Kidnap My Heart

Chapter 14: Emma and Will  

Emma

Honestly, when I got the idea to “haunt” Will, I never thought he would take it this seriously. I mean, he was a grown man, for Christ’s sake. How was I supposed to know he was a total pansy when it came to the supernatural stuff?

I would’ve never imagined myself in a situation like this, yet there I stood, observing Will’s unconscious figure lying on the bathroom floor. I’d hoped he would be the one to find my message, not Eric or Taylor, and my prayers had been answered. I had a feeling Eric would see through my ruse, but Will wasn’t quite as bright as his brother.

I was momentarily surprised by how peaceful and harmless he looked. His black eye was starting to become less noticeable, as were most of his bruises, so he looked less like Frankenstein’s monster and more like a cute guy, as Taylor would say. His dark brown hair had a bad case of bed head, but it didn’t necessarily look bad. And his body. Let me tell you—I had no complaints. I was just going to leave it at that before I ventured into Taylor territory. In completely different circumstances, I would’ve thought he was hot. Not just hot. Offensively hot. Too bad he just so happened to be an asshole.

I guess I could have done something to help him out and fix the damage I’d done, but where was the fun in that? Instead, I went back inside my safe haven, laughing at the thought of Will’s fear. I wished I’d been able to see the look on his face when he heard my creepy whispering, but if his walkie talkie had transmitted anything to me, he wouldn’t have been able to hear any of my whispering, and that just wouldn’t do. I had, however, heard one of his shouts and then, of course, the girly scream he’d let out when he saw my second message on the bathroom mirror. I would take the girly scream over nothing any day of the week.

Emma: 4

Will: 2

A few minutes after I retreated back into the safety of my hiding place, the door opened, creaking in the silence, and I heard Taylor scream, “Eric!”

I crawled back into the crevice for the millionth time that week—seriously, this was getting old—slowly making my way into the walls. Better safe than sorry.

Heavy footsteps were heard and then Eric’s voice rang throughout the room. “Oh, shit. Will. Buddy. Speak to me, man.” Slap. “Come on, wake up, dude.” Slap.

I rolled my eyes. What a drama queen. Will had had a small panic attack and passed out. That was all. It wasn’t the end of the world or anything.

“What if—w-what if it was the ghost?” Taylor asked, her voice quivering.

“We’re not even going to go there right now. There is no ghost.” See? I’d totally called it. Eric wasn’t dumb enough to buy into Will’s haunting. Eric’s attention then refocused on Will and he said, “Will, wake up. There’s nothing here. I, uh, chased the ghost out with some holy water and salt.” Slap.

That last slap seemed to do the trick. I heard Will splutter all of a sudden, and then he was breathing loudly and heavily, so loud I could hear him perfectly through the wall. “Am I… am I dead?”