Chapter Ten: Will

A/N: Sorry for the delay! Finals came up, and then I started outlining the rest of this story and got really carried away (I have too many ideas) but I finally managed to update!

Merry Christmas to you all! This can count as my almost-late present. (It's still Christmas here. Updated at 11:59 like a baws. *pops collar*)

Anyways, enjoy and let me know what you think!

***

Kidnap My Heart 

Chapter Ten: Will

“Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of beer— you take one down, smash it on Emma’s head, ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall,” I sang, hoping my horrible singing voice would scare off the animals that surrounded me.

It didn’t, so I started singing even louder.

“Ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall, ninety-eight bottles of beer—you take one down, throw it at Emma’s head, ninety-seven bottles of beer on the wall. Ninety-seven bottles of—oh, shit.”

I was starting to think my singing was counteractive. The bugs and rats didn’t look scared. They looked angry. Well, as angry as tiny creatures can be. I don’t know. I just had a feeling they were getting pissed off by my voice.

“Okay. I get it,” I said. “You guys don’t like this song. That’s cool. I don’t really like it either. I know! How about a ballad? Some of you must be chicks. Chick-rats and chick-bugs. Chicks dig ballads. Alright, what should I sing?”

Silence.

“Right. Er… what’s that song my mom used to listen to? Her and her friends loved it... Oh, yeah. Alright, bugs, rats, prepare yourselves. Your tiny minds are about to be blown.” I cleared my throat noisily but stopped when they started inching closer.

I didn’t actually know most of the words to the song—it was some girl power ballad, I think. I don’t know—so there was a lot of mumbling going on during the first verse, but when I got to the chorus, I owned that shit.

The second verse had even more mumbling, but the second chorus was when I really hit my stride. “And I-eee-I will always love you-oooooooooh! I will always love you-oooooooooh!” When I attempted to recreate the instrumental part of the song that followed, I swear they actually started backing away from me. Maybe my lack of musical talent could be used as a weapon of mass destruction, after all.

When I went back to singing, however, a few of them started coming closer again, and I had to scoot farther away from them.

“So you’re not fans of love songs. That’s alright, I’m not either. How about a good-old inspirational ballad? If you don’t like those, you’re not human.” I paused. “You know what I mean. Okay, I’ve offended you. I won’t sing Don’t Stop Believing. Your loss, though. Hmm.”

I decided to just keep making instrumental sounds after that because it seemed to be the only thing that repelled them. I think my singing just made them think I was some dying animal that they could have for dinner, and that obviously wasn’t the best thing for me, so I figured I was safer making questionable noises that made them think I was dangerous.

I lost track of the time in there once I stopped singing. The bit of light that made its way through the door started to diminish at some point, and eventually there was no light left at all. There were no flashlights in this damned garage, so I had no way of escaping the bugs and rats that came closer. All I could do was move slightly when I felt them crawl past me or on me. This was when my plans to reinvigorate Emma’s punishment started to arise, and I even started to make a mental checklist.