Chapter 1 [!]

Another long day was followed by another long night as Harry Styles let out a distressed sigh and then sat back in his chair to be in a more semi-relaxed position than the one that had taken over his posture already. His back had grown to be quite sore from his days of hunching over his desk for a lengthy amount of time over the years. He took in a deep breath, holding it in for a few seconds before releasing it aloud in a frustrated manner into the empty room. Then he began to lazily twist his chair back and forth, wishing that he didn't have to stare another moment at his office walls. 

That was just Harry's short routine into working late nights, mindless work until he needed to take short break to relieve his pains. It wasn't that Harry's boss had made him do this. It was that Harry decided to stay to work until he had no choice but to leave and go back home. Back at his flat there wasn't anything really around for him to make his life feel exhilarating; no social life to bring him the happiness  that he liked to make himself forget that he was missing. Sure, he had a few 'friends' from work but once work was finished they were all just strangers again. So, he used work as a distraction to push away from any lingering thoughts of sorrow that would come up. He also thought that maybe working was something he would turn out to actually like doing instead of having nights out in London. He didn't enjoy it as much as he thought. 

He rubbed at his eyes as he rolled back over to his desk, the bright light from the computer screen giving him another headache. Knowing that this occurred on a regular schedule, Harry had still yet to learn to bring aspirin and a bottle of water to leave at his office. His eyes squinted as he turned the brightness level of the screen down, thinking that it would dull the pain that was pulsating in his head some. After taking a few blinks of his eyelids, he looked over to see just how much more time was left until he had to strike down a taxi to take him over to the transport station so he could commute back to his awaiting flat. 

Letting out a sigh Harry moved computer mouse over so he could shut down his office computer for the night, also shutting out his excuse to not go back to his place. Once the screen went from a dark grey to black he stood up from his chair to retrieve his suit coat from the small coat hook on the back of his office door. After buttoning himself up and returning back to his desk to retrieve his bag, Harry was ready to leave the office. He turned off the lights and then closed and locked his door behind him, turning around to face the empty workplace, a few doors still showing their dim lights, indicating that there were still people there. Harry didn't know their life stories and he had no feeling to try to because he was still trying to figure out his own. 

He was able to call a taxi and only had to wait about twenty minutes so instead of taking the elevator down he took his time walking down a few flights of stairs. The cab had pulled up after Harry waited in the cold dark for twelve minutes. Due to how late he had stayed there wasn't much traffic from his work building and in that fact, he also decided to take the taxi ride all the way to his flat instead of going to the train station. It would cost him almost the same amount that he lost on his round trip train ticket that he wouldn't be using up tonight. 

Once back to his flat complex Harry took the lift all the way up to his floor and he walked out into an empty and silenced hallway. He turned the corner and passed by numerous addressed doors until he stopped at his own. He pulled his keys from his deep jacket pocket and unlocked the door, pushing it opening before walking inside, not even bothering with the light switch. He kicked off his shoes and set his working bag down so he could unbutton his coat and hand it on his coat rack. Finishing up, he picked up his bag and set it down my his solo couch that faced his decent sized television. Then, as he undid the cuffs of his shirt, he walked over to his kitchen.

He peered inside of his fridge to see what late night meal he'd pretend to enjoy this time. Letting out a sigh his eyes stopped at the large glass pan that his mum left with him after her visit last week. Dropping by with prepared meals was a regular occurrence and Harry had tried to tell her that he didn't need them but he'd be lying since by the time he got home from working he wouldn't eat. The only good thing about his mum's cooking was that it lasted almost an entire week before she would call and ask if he was finished with her pan so she could come and get it and replace it with a new one.