Chapter 10

It only took one week for Harry to realise that he was driving himself insane again, insane in needing and wanting 'Lucky' in any way that he could get him. Harry didn't even need to hear his voice. A simple answer to one of his messages would give him any relief.

It would just help if 'Lucky' would answer them. Ever since the last call between them, where Harry swore he heard his name almost breathlessly come from 'Lucky', there hasn't been much communication between the two of them. Harry didn't call back the next night because he wasn't in the mood for any phone sex. He just wanted to be able to call 'Lucky' to chat with him about his day or something, anything really. Harry knew he couldn't do that because the other man was very set on keeping his privacy, which Harry didn't blame him for. There were probably other who wouldn't mind tracking 'Lucky' down.

Maybe it was something that Harry did wrong that silenced the other man. He couldn't figure out what it possibly could have been. Everything between them was just fine. 

Could that be what was wrong?

As much as Harry would enjoy that 'Lucky' was waiting around to hear from him again, he was still a professional hot line sex toy. There were other people that he needed to give attention to as well. That didn't explain why Harry didn't receive any real responses from 'Lucky' on his phone. 

Harry

Hey, just wanted to see how you were doing.

He scrolled past the last message he to 'Lucky' and sighed. He shouldn't care this much but he did. There had to be something that made them both just stop.

Harry didn't want to be too intrusive or pushy. There wasn't anything appealing to being that way. If anything, maybe this was a good thing. He didn't need to be relying on this stranger; one that he found himself really missing. 

To keep his mind off of all that, Harry decided to put his attention on the actual people in his life. He rang up his mum and his sister. His mum had to pick up some dishes and his sister was going to be busier real soon, The last time they all got together Harry felt a new sense of comfort. Maybe that's what he needed. Maybe being around his family would make him stop thinking about 'Lucky' and stop looking at his phone to see if 'Lucky' answered him. He hoped that would work. 

There was always the chance that it might not. His mum or Gemma could wonder what was up with him that he was ringing them up or if he did fail and kept on checking his phone with anxiousness. He could always use work as an excuse if he really had to. 

Then he made the decision to just leave his phone in his room whilst his guests were at his flat. He really never had anyone visit him so this was going to be something good for him. Actually, they wouldn't even be staying at his flat for long because the three of them would be going out for the afternoon.

When they arrived together, Harry was pulled into their arms for hugs. He wrapped his arms around them in return. It felt nice to be surrounded by this family that he pushed himself away from over the years.

"I was thinking about having lunch at Jamie Oliver's." Harry said once he reached past his mum to grab his suit coat. "I've been wanting to try it." He also didb't want to be sat at the table alone, even though he used to not care about that. 

"That sounds good to me." Anne told her son as she fixed her scarf. looking around Harry's flat.

"Yeah? All right. Do you want to drive together or should I call for a taxi?" He asked, trying his best to ignore his mum's obvious search for something to comment on about the tidiness of his flat. There was nothing for her to find. 

"Nonsense," She shook her head and waved his latter request off as she walked towards the door.

Part of him was glad because he never used the phone line in his flat and he didn't want to use his phone that he was purposefully separating himself from, which wasn't the smartest of ideas, but it was all Harry could really think of.