Chapter 21 [!]

As Harry tried to get his luggage up the small staircases of Niall's and Liam's flat complex, he struggled from hitting his suitcases against the wall and metal railing and the staircases were almost too narrow for his luggage to even fit. Everybody who lived there could probably hear the racket Harry was causing.

Even though he was exhausted from working and traveling, that wasn't going to stop Harry from getting to see Niall after missing him for a week.

He was rushing to get up the stairs and he probably was close to tripping a few times. Harry was almost aggravated enough to let go of his luggage so his bags would fall back on the stairs just so he could keep going without the hassle.

He glanced up once he was on the final staircase and noticed that one of the doors on Niall and Liam's floor was already open. Maybe it was theirs because Niall could hear Harry cursing each time he had to fix his luggage to fit up the stairs. The door being open sort of pushed Harry to keep on moving because he knew just how close he was to reuniting with Niall.

It's only been one week and they just started to get to know one another outside of just having casual phone sex. He had no idea how he'd feel if he had to be away from Niall longer than seven days. 

When Harry was finished he took in a few breaths to calm himself down from the workout he just received. He was also well aware that him and Niall could easily work themselves out of breath once they've seen each other again. Niall had been very forward about that possibility and Harry easily welcomed all of his ideas.

He slowly walked over to the open door, stopping a little before it to peer in to see if it actually was Niall and Liam's flat, which he felt strange about doing if this wasn't the correct address. That's why he was acting careful about looking in.

"Are ya gonna keep standing there or are ya gonna come inside? Don't be a creep, Harry." It was definitely Niall's voice speaking to him and his invitation was followed by his distinct laugh.

"Just one second." Harry replied.

That was when Niall walked over to the door, a grin across his lips when his eyes laid on Harry. "I could hear you all the way up here." He chuckled.

Harry sent him a look as he pushed the handle down on his luggage. "Well, thanks for offering to help me out." He told him as Niall picked up the smaller of Harry's bags and brought it into the apartment.

The taller man followed inside and placed his larger bag next to the one Niall brought in. Then he turned around and made sure the door was closed behind him before he removed his suit coat, laying it over his standing luggage.

He glanced over his shoulder to see Niall staring at him then, his arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the white painted wall. 

"Hi." Harry breathed out, finally feeling the weight of his trip settling back down on him. Looking at Niall now made Harry realize that he was actually home now and he could do whatever he wanted to.

"Hi yourself. Welcome back." Niall said before walking over to Harry carefully, stopping in front of him as his blue eyes looked across Harry's shoulders. "How was your flight?"

Harry couldn't help but to smile at him, wanting to laugh a bit out loud from how Niall seemed to be causal but still easy to read at the same time.

"Long but I tried to sleep through most of it. It was a bit difficult though since I knew what was waiting for me back here. Oh, and thanks for waiting up for me. You didn't have to." Harry told him because he really did appreciate it. He's never had someone stay up and wait for him during any of his other trips before. It felt nice. It made Harry feel like someone, other than his family, cared about him.