Chapter 23

Harry couldn't decide if he was more excited Tuesday night or on Wednesday morning. Both of those times led up to getting to see Niall perform for the first time. His mind would go off during work to picture Niall on a stage with people surrounding him, and Harry would close his eyes to even try to hear what Niall sounded like when he sang.

Now, he was one meeting away from an actual experience of Niall outside of their phone calls and messing about in Niall's bed. Sure, Harry really enjoyed that but there was so much more to Niall than 'Lucky'. Niall was real.

The meeting itself was only supposed to be an hour long but it seemed to drag on longer than Harry hoped. With each minute passed Harry became more restless, wanting to push back his seat and walk out of the meeting that was keeping him back from his plans. Of course, that would be extremely unprofessional of him but he really didn't want to be late to see Niall and his world away from having phone sex with strangers.

Harry laughed in his thoughts, hoping that he didn't bark his laugh out for the entire meeting room to hear. That would have been embarrassing but not as embarrassing as being asked why he was so keen on leaving; so he could leave and go see a man he met over a sex hotline.

Right now Harry felt like he was acting a bit childish in how impatient he was becoming. He wouldn't be this way if his routine never changed.

"So, tomorrow the client will be on call with us and I hope you have been paying attention, Harry, because you'll be joining in to answer any questions they may have." Mr. Donner said causing Harry to look up immediately when he heard his name.

"Um, what time did you say that was again?" Harry asked as he picked up his pen and flipped through his work schedule planner to write whatever he's just missed down. He hoped that the action would cover up for him not paying attention.

Mr. Donner made a face towards Harry before clearing his throat. "It will be a late morning call right before lunch. It starts at 11:15 and should only last an hour."

As Harry wrote down the information from his boss he couldn't help but annoyingly thinking that this particular meeting was only supposed to last that long. It should have ended almost a half an hour ago.

"That will conclude tonight's meeting. I will see you all tomorrow morning." Mr. Donner raised his hand up before he, and the employees in attendance, began to collect their things.

Harry couldn't stand up from his seat fast enough but he was stopped when a co-worker walked up to him and began chatting.

"You all right, Harry? You weren't participating as much as you usually do."

He nodded. "I'm fine. Just have somewhere to be. I'll see you tomorrow." Harry said his farewell, not coming off as rude.

After he returned to his office to shutdown his computer and pack up, the sigh of relief Harry's held in was released. All he had to do now was leave the building and then find a taxi to take him to where Niall would be playing. His initial plan was to go back to his flat first and change his clothes and clean himself up a bit before going out but he's already lost plenty of time.

Since he wouldn't be returning home Harry made the decision to lock up his work bag in his office. He couldn't leave it in some taxi or pub. Whatever emails would be sent to his laptop or whatever work he could do before coming in the next morning would just have to wait until then.

Hearing the clicking sound as he locked his office door, Harry turned around with no plans to look back. He slipped his keys into the pocket of his pants, switching them out for his phone. Once he was in the taxi he would message Niall to apologise for running late and let him know that he was now on his way.